Schedule Messes

He just stares at me. I look at Cate. She nudges him and he snaps out of it. "Uh hi. It's nice to meet you." He says shaking my hand. My eyes wide. "I'm trying so hard to not freak out right now." "It's okay. I give you full permission to freak out." He states. I scream. "Holy fuck! You're like my idol. You know people say we look alike. We could be related. I mean great hair check. Smile check. Or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I am just so happy to meet you! Am I rambling? Sometimes I ramble when I'm nervous or excited. Only way to stop me is to-" Someone puts a hand to my mouth.

I look next to them she see Andre Anderson(number 3). My eyes widen. "Are you calm?" I nod. "You're not gonna scream?" I shake my head. He removes his hand. "Sorry." I say with an embarrassed smile. "No no no no no. It's okay. Really. Do you wanna take a photo?" My heart stops. "Are you serious?" He nods with a grin. "Yes! Please!" I pull out my camera. "I don't have a phone so I use this instead." "That's fine." I hand it to Cate who takes it with a smile.

He brings me in for a hug. I stand there stiffly nervous on what to do. "You can hug me you know?" I smile widely and hug him around his waist. He hugs me back tighter like if he loosens up for even just a second I'll disappear.

Weird.

Anyways...IM HUGGING GOLDEN BOY!

She takes the photo. "Okay!" She says smiling. "I have to show this to my friend. Thank you so much. You just made my entire day!" I say with a wide smile. "H-happy I could do that for you." He states. "Nice to meet you guys see you later." I walk out the arena.

I find Marie and a blonde girl sitting next to each other. "Please tell me you got a photo with Golden Boy?" Marie asks. "Fuck yeah!" They gasp and pull me down between them. "Show us. Show us. Show us." The blonde says excitedly. I show them the photo. "Holy shit." Marie says shocked. "I know! I can't believe it either. My roommates his girlfriend and she introduced us." I explain. I look at the blonde. "Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Camryn Sangster. You can call me Cam." I hold my hand out for her to shake. "I'm Emma Meyer." "Holy shit you're Little Cricket. I love your videos. Your power is really cool." I state. "You think so?" She asks. "Uh yeah." She smiles at me softly. "Thank you."

"Look they're about to the fight."

We glance at the field and see Golden Boy and a dude about to fight. He goes full Golden Boy making his clothes burn off. Everyone cheers.

The guy tries to swing at him and he dodges them. He punches the guy in the face causing the crowd to cheer. Everyone chants his name.

"GOLDEN BOY!"
"GOLDEN BOY!"
"GOLDEN BOY!"

I know I've said this before about 1000x but this is the best day of my life!

He throws him to the ground. "See what I mean? It's like a big fiery sea cucumber." I'm very grossed out by that comment for some strange reason. "We're gonna be down there one day." Marie states. "Jerking off his flaming shar-pei?" "ranked in the top ten." i correct.

he steps on the guys chest. "number one in the top ten." "Not if I get there first." I say playfully challenging her. "Jesus Christ wh-who wants that kind a pressure?" "I do." We say in unison. My eyes wide as the guys limbs burst off. "HOLY FUCK!" "Or you can be like that guy." She states. They place his limbs back on. "Whaaat the fuck..." I say shocked and a little grossed out.

"Fuck me class schedules are out." Emma states. "They are?" She hums a yes. "Can we borrow your phone?" She looks at us weird. "We don't have one yet." "A phone?" She hands it us. "Wait are you Amish? Is black Amish's thing?" I slowly turn my head to her and tilt it. We log in. My eyes wide when I see my fucking schedule. "WHAT THE FUCK!" "What the fuck?" Me and Marie say at the same time.

We walk down to the crime fighting building. I see Jordan Li(number 2) at the desk with earplugs in their ears. Marie waves but they don't notice. "Fuck this." I hold my hand up to the earplugs. They blinks rapidly "Hi!" I say loudly with a smile plastered on my face. "Jordan right?" Marie asks. "Jordan Li. First off you're awesome. I mean number 2 that's cool as hell." "Yeah if you want Professor Brink's autograph, you gotta buy his book." They states. "No we're not here for...that." I clear my throat awkwardly and look at Marie. "Uh...there's clearly been a mistake. W-we signed up for Brink's Freshman Intro to Crimefighting but it's not on our schedules." She informs.

"Whats your name?" "Marie. Moreau. Marie Moreau." They say typing at their laptop. "And you?" "Camryn...Sangster." They freeze and look at me with an unreadable expression. They snap out of whatever trance they were in and go back to our schedules.

"Oh yeah I see the problem. You were rejected." They state. I stare at them confused. "I'm sorry?" "Wh-what? What do you mean?" Marie asks just as confused as I am. "We checked the form like 100 times." "Yeah we just don't have the space for everyone." I chuckle a bit. "Okay but we have to take Intro. Everyone who majors in crimefighting takes Intro." "Look most freshman show up, they think they'll major crimefighting, crush their combat and forensics classes and score a city contract but they won't."

"I mean you're competing with kids who have cleared homicide cases, who have over a million followers. And you two..." they inhale deeply. "You don't even have an Insta." I cross my arms. "Now I kind of got to get back to this so if you could fix my earplugs...?" "Can we talk to Professor Brink about this?" Marie asks.

"No. I made the call. I'm his T.A." "Wait in sorry. This was your decision? Who the fuck are you to reject either of us?" I ask. Then door opens and Professor Brink enters. "His T.A." They respond again. "Jordan!" I look at the door and see Brink with a gun aimed at them. "What the fuck?" "Oh my god!" He fires at turn and they transition to male and straight up deflect the bullet.

The hand on my mouth slowly lowers itself. They pick the bullet from their chest and drop it on the desk. Brink laughs. "Goddamn that's the fastest draw I've ever seen." "Uh gonna need to buy me a new shirt Professor." They state.

"I have so many questions." I say to myself. "So what do we got here?" "Um Ashley Barrett asked you to speak at the Vought retreat in Sun Valley." They inform. "Hard pass." "Good Morning America wants to interview you about 'how Brink's technique with super kids can help your kid.'" "Tell them to read my book." He states.

"We've read your book." I exclaim. "We've read all of your books." Marie adds. "I've already handled this, sir-" I close my fist and his mouth disappears. "Sir, she...he...THEY rejected us from your Intro class." I state. "And they're wrong." "They don't know us." She states. "That so?" "its like you always say 'it's not about the talent it's about the drive.'" We say stepping close to him. "Right? And that's us." I state. "We could go all the way. We just...we just need a chance." He places a hand on our shoulders.

"Performing Arts is a fine program. You could be in Dancing with the Stars. You look a lot like the girl from that CW show." He walks out the room.

I hear a throat clear and sigh heavily rolling my eyes. I wave my hand and their mouth returns. "Earplugs?" I look back at them with a fake smile and snap my fingers. "Thank you." They say with a fake smile and transitioning to a girl. They place the earplugs in their ears as we walk out.

"AGHHHH!"

A yell rips through the office. "WHOOPS! LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE TO BUY NEW ONES!" I shout. Marie holds his fist up and I bump it.