The Past Will Haunt You

We run into the Brinks office. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I shove Andre to the ground. "Seriously Andre? You're that guy?" "I should fucking kill! "What don't think I feel like a piece of shit?" "No because if you did you wouldn't have walked around campus with her pussy your pocket you disloyal fuck!" I punch him in the face and spit out blood.

"I loved her." "I bet you were so happy when he died. That meant you could have her all to yourself. Then you make me and Marie feel like shit for 'replacing him.' When you did the exact same thing. You're a hypocrite." I state. "Stop fucking lying to me." I hear voices through the door.

"Hey you need to calm down." "No I'm not gonna calm down unless you give me some answers."

"Luke you know what I always tell you." "No fuck that okay? I don't want to hear any more of your bullshit." Someone bumps into Jordan. "Hey."  I notice the back of their and it's Jordan.

They listen through the door. "Oh shit." "Do we think Cate's in there?" Marie asks. "She isn't. This isn't Cate's memory. It's mine." We look at Jordan.

"How?" Andre asks. "How the fuck is it yours?" They knock on the door and open it. "What the fuck did you just do?" Luke says angrily. "Where's Sam? I want to see him right now." "What's going on?" Jordan asks.

"He's a fuckin liar. Tell me everything." "What's going on?" I ask them. "It's alright buddy." Brink says holding up a needle. "I'll tell you everything. Just take it easy. Easy." We look at Jordan and notice how their expression is one of regret and shame. What do they have to be ashamed about?

They place a mask over his face and Luke passes out. "I need a response team in here now." My eyes wide and narrow at Jordan. They come in and drag him out the room.

"Jordan." They turn to him. "What do I always say huh? Being a hero it's not about the glory. It's about-" "it's about sacrifice. I know sir but what the hell kind of sacrifice was that?" They ask. "Well Luke...Luke needs cutting edge treatment put him over the edge. That boy could be Homelander strong. But sometimes...sometimes he has a bad reaction." "If Luke's getting cutting edge treatments I want 'em too." I roll my eyes. "Always looking out for yourself huh?" "I can't even look at you right now." I state.

"Kid you gotta strong head. You don't need 'em. Tell me do you remember sitting in that chair a scared shitless freshman who never wanted to switch? And I promised that I would always take good care of you. Remember? Now...Jordan people just don't understand the lows it takes to reach great heights. And so now I want you to promise me as my new T.A. that you will always protect me." "You're making me your T.A.?" I look at them.

"You sold out Luke to be Mr Krabs' fuckin gatekeeper?" I ask them.

"Of course because you earned it. Can I trust you?" "Yes sir. I'm honored." They says smiling happily. "Good." "So you knew Golden Boy attacked Brink before." Marie asks.

"I dont know what I knew." "Looks like you knew a lot." Andre states. "He said he was juicing Golden Boy! What would any of you done?" "SOMETHING JORDAN!" Andre shout. "You're such a fuckin hypocrite both of you are!" I say angrily.

"We could've stopped everything right here. Saved someone. Like we always wanted. But instead we're a fucking T.A. saving our own ass." Past Jordan scolds. "I loved Brink. He was good. Or not. But he was good to us." "He was nice to us. Nice is all it takes for us to let someone get royally fucked? You're a coward. And you always will be."

The scene changes to some weird looking lab. "This is-" "The Woods." They state. "And the thing I don't get is that was my memory not Cate's." "We've been here too long so our memories are conjoining with hers." I state. "It happened to me and Sam I just I thought they were fucking nightmares." I state.