Emotional Wrecks

I walk around trying to find alcohol. Because everybody seems to be taking it. My ears perk up with the voice of Jordan the female. I look behind the podium and see them and their parents. I sense genderphobia in the air. But I might be wrong. I'll stay anyways since I kinda need a drink before I throw myself out the window. "Sorry about that he can be a little dramatic." I almost break my neck when his dad says the word he. "Nothing to apologize for. You got a great kid here." I nod my head agreeing with the other guy. "I'm gonna let you catch up." He says before leaving.

"Sorry I couldn't help but overhear." I say turning around the podium. They're parents look at me as well as them. "They're pronouns are they/them. Not he/him. I know how people like to forget especially parents." I look at their fathers and take the glass of champagne. "Thank you." I look at Jordan and curtsy "Jordan you look very sexy in that suit." I say with a wink. I turn on my heel and walk off drinking the glass after seeing the slight smile on their lips.

My work there is done.

I walk past a couple. "I would feel nothing but shame if my son did such a thing. That's probably why his parents haven't commented they're too ashamed and embarrassed that they're sons a murderer." "One son is a head case and the other is a delusional murderer." I hear my heartbeat in my ear and all of sudden their drinks explode in their face. Then a light blows above me. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" Marie asks. "Yeah. I'm fine." I say forcing a smile. I hold my shaking hand behind my back.

"I want to start by welcoming you all tonight under such unfathomable circumstances. Our beloved Brink's death was not just a tragedy. It was one of the darkest days unspeakable act it just..." she takes a breath. "But in darkness, stars can truly shine. Like Marie Moreau and Camryn Sangster." The light shines on us and we look up at the crowd. My teary expression lifting a bit to seem...grateful?

"The Guardians of Godolkin." The crowd claps. Marie takes my hand to comfort me a little. "That's right. So let's give Marie Camryn and stars like them the future they deserve." I force a smile as a tear tried to force its way out.

After the speech everyone dispersed Marie hugs me. "We're gonna go home. Okay?" I nod as a tear falls from my eye. "Im sorry." She pulls back. "No. You're more important than these stupid rich people. Okay?" I nod.

We try to leave but Dean Shetty stops us. "Come on. Girls the party's not over." "I know we just-" She cuts Marie. "Come along." I wipe my eye.

We stand at a table. "You're fucking superstars. You saved my ass." "Your ass needed saving?" She asks. "A deans whole job is raising money. After Golden Boy the donations were going down the toilet. And so was I. But then one look at those smiles of yours and their wallets just cracked right open." "Great!" I force out. "I'm glad we could be useful to you." "Oh so useful. You're fantastic. Excuse me." She walks off. I place hand on Marie's shoulder. "Can we please go?" I beg. "Come on." She pulls me away.

We start to head out when someone calls my name. "Hey Sangster." I look up at the ceiling and shake my head. "She's not in the mood okay?" Marie tells Jordan. "You can attack her in the morning." "Im surprised you can walk straight with everyone's tongue up your ass." They says towards me. "Sorry not time for bitchy banter." I say walking past them. "Brownoser, one-upper." They call me.

"Mommy and Daddy's perfect little hero." Then something in me snapped. "You must talking about someone else because my parents abandoned me when I was baby to an abusive orphaned. That I destroyed with everyone in it. Happy bick?" I ask as tears run down my face. "Bullshit." I scoff a laugh. "I didn't know about my powers until I was 10 when some bitch at the orphanage called me a two faced bitch and got me sent to a literal fucking dungeon. I got so mad that I killed everyone in the building with nothing but my thoughts and watched as the building collapsed into itself. I'm not a fucking hero! I'm goddamn monster and batshit crazy. I haven't had a family in 18 years. My brothers dead and it's my fault. My twin brothers dead and I didn't even get to meet him. My parents don't fucking want me. And my entire life I've had this voice in my head telling me that I'm not meant to have good things. That I'm gonna end up alone. To stop loving people because who could love a freak like me. That I'm only gonna get hurt in the end. That everyone's would rather see me dead the thrive. And I'm starting to fucking believe her!" I tears run down my face like rivers. "Fuck." "Yeah." "God I'm the last person who think they're fucking hero. I hate my self so...fucking...much. And we've spent the entire night being dragged around like a fucking trophy and that does not feel good. So for the love good Jordan will you hop off my dick for one fucking second!" I run a hand through my hair and shake my head.

"Hey." I look at Cate and she pulls out a chair for us. I sit down and she uses a napkin and wipes my tears as I sniff. "Stop crying. It's okay." She says in a soft voice. "I'm really am sorry about the interview and Luke okay. I'm just a very fucked up and complicated person okay?" I say forcing a laugh. "We were camping. I was nine. My parents were setting up the tent. My little brother kept kicking at my shins, so I grabbed him by the arm and told him to go away and never come back. So he did. That was the first time my powers showed up." I take Cate's hand in comfort.

"There was a...search party. Dogs. You know? It went on for weeks. But...nothing. My mom never touched me again. Neither did my dad." "I'm sorry." I state. "I didn't know about mine until my first period. I couldn't control the blood and it slides through my mom's body. Dad came in same deal." Marie explains. "Looks like we've all got it bad huh?" I say with a sad chuckle. Cate hugs me.

"It's not your fault. Especially with your disorder. You can't control that. That orphanage shot you up with a dangerous drug when you were a baby to make a buck off you and when they didn't get what they wanted they locked you up. You are not a monster for trying to survive. They did this you didn't. Don't spend a fucking minute crying over them." She states. That's the greatest thing anyone's ever said to me. And she's right.

"I killed my grandpa when my powers." We look at Jordan. "No you didn't." Cate states. They look at us and start smiling. "Yeah I know. I was just feeling left out." We chuckle.

"Hey! Guys uh..." we look at Andre with distressed expression. "I fucked up." He whispers. "What did you do?" Cate asks. "It's about her roommate." He says sitting in the steps. "Emma?" "Who the fuck is Emma?" Jordan asks confused. "I-is she okay?" "I think she's stuck." I squint my eyes tilting my head. "Stuck how?" I ask. "You know where." Andre tells Cate. "Andre. You promised." "Promised what?" I ask.

"Can I have to tell you something..."