𝗠 𝗘

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

BRIXTON LAID IN BED, he faintly heard Margot's voice as was too into his head to hear what she said clearly. He felt numb. As quick as his happiness came, it left him and he hated himself and his heart for only wanting Baxter, in a time like this.

After breaking down in his father's arms, he went to his room, embarrassed that he even did such a thing. His father went to stay at some hotel. He wanted to be there for him for nationals, but at this point, he didn't even know if he wanted to go.

There was a knock at his door, Brixton didn't respond, but not a second later, he heard the door open before someone was spread out, next to him. He knew exactly who it was.

"Baxter loosened our fins." "Poppy threw a rock at the window of the surf shop and I took the blame for her."

The two teens turn on their sides to face each other. Summer speaks first. "How do you feel?"

"Like absolute shit." Brixton's aching heart, still hurting. "Like I physically hurt. I-I—."

"You love him." Summer finishes for him. Brixton gives a small nod. "That's why it hurts so much. He loves you too, you know?"

"Summer. Don't. I was nothing to him. He felt pity for me. That's why he even made the board in the first place."

"Don't say that. Anyone could tell how much you mean to him." Summer states. "He was making it up to you. He was protecting you and only wanted the best for you. He wanted to make you happy again and that's what he did."

"He hurt me. He did it for Wren."

"The truth hurts." Summer sighs. "You know how he guilty he feels for what he did to his sisters."

"I hate how they treat him." Brixton wipes away a stray tear. "He deserves so much better. God, this is so hard."

"Love is hard, my friend." Summer says.

"No more nationals for you?"

"Nope." Summer shakes her head. "Poppy deserves that moment. I won't take it away from her especially if it means going back to NewYork."

"You deserve a moment too. You worked so hard for this." Brixton places his forehead against hers.

"So did you." Summer retorts. "You worked so hard to get your happiness back.
You opened yourself up to Baxter. Don't let this set you back and stop you two from loving each other."

"I'm not doing this without you." Brixton tells her. "We both deserve our moment."

"Tomorrow's gonna be one hell of a day, huh?" Summer gives Brixton a small
smile.