𝗕 𝗘 𝗧 𝗧 𝗘 𝗥

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

BRIXTON BITES HIS THUMB nail as he watches Baxter paddle into the water, stoping next to his interstate rivals. He felt his nerves all over the place as he watched him.

Brixton fiddles with his ring as he stood a few feet in front of Wren, Summer next to him, trying to ease his nerves a little more. Baxter takes the first wave.

He beautifully glides through the water with such ease. Coming in and out of the pocket.

"Come on, Bax." He heard Wren call out to him. Her voice stern.

That must've been bad luck because as he comes out of a turn, he flips into the water, flunking his landing. Brixton curses keeping his eyes on his pink haired boy.

"He's all over the place!" Wren groans. "You can't rely on him ever."

"How about you shut the fuck up, Wren?" Brixton turns his eyes to her, his eyes hard,
slightly scaring Wren.

"What?" She looks at him taken back, Ari next to her, with the same look.

"I said shut the fuck up." Brixton repeats. "It's because of you and your sister that he's so in his head in the first place. You guys treat him like shit. He has done nothing, but sacrifice everything he has in order to make you guys happy! If you want to talk about unreliable, talk about yourself. He has done nothing, but defend you and listen to you and the second he messes up, you give up on him. That's so shitty of you."

Wren's jaw clenches, no words leaving her mouth. She glances at Ari as if expecting him to say something, but he didn't. Brixton moves forward, bringing his attention back to Baxter.

"Come on, Bax." Brixton grumbles as he watches Baxter catch another wave, only for him to be pulled into a wave, leaving them all to wonder if he would make it out.

But he didn't. The wave closes in on him, taking his down. Brixton throws the hat that was on his head to the ground. He bends down, keeping his eyes out in the water.

"Wren, it's up to you now!"

As Baxter came out of the water, Brixton went to rush towards him, but slows down when Elo angrily talks to him, making him put his head down in shame and embarrassment.

As quickly as she came, she left and Brixton found his place in front of Baxter. "Drop the board."

"What?"

"Drop the board." Brixton repeats. Baxter does as told and as soon and he did, Brixton wrapped his arms around Baxter, bringing him into his arms. Baxter immediately wraps his own arms around him, holding him just as close and if not, closer.

"You did the best you could with what you were gave. If she doesn't see that then fuck her." Brixton mutters in his ear. "I'm by your side, Baxter. Okay?"

Baxter places a soft kiss on his neck as he only nods, not wanting to move from the place in his lovers arms. He never thought someone like Brixton would change his life the way he did. He never thought that he'd be found lovable, especially after all the mistakes he's made in the past, but here Brixton is, proving him wrong.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Bodhi won the first comp for them with a 8.4. She and Brixton still weren't on the best of terms, but he was so happy for the girl. She did what she's always wanted to do. She did something on her own and didn't regret the aftermath of it.

After their moment on the beach, Baxter went off to clear his mind for a little bit and Brixton didn't want to pry. He respected his space and knew that if Baxter needed him, he'd let him know.

"Hey, Brixton Lennon, right?" A girl, Tuscany, Brixton recognized, approached him, making him tilt his head.

"Yeah, why?" Brixton asks, eyeing her skeptically. If there was anyone she should be talking to, it should be Bodhi.

"Uh, huge fan, but I talked to Summer about this, but she told me to come talk to you about it." Tuscany plays with the bag in her hands.

"About what?" Brixton asks, curiously.

"About why the Radic's really left Queensland."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"I knew you were a bitch, but I didn't know you could be such a bitch that you have to backstab the one person that's been protecting you this whole time." Brixton spits out as he comes to a stop in front of Wren as she just walks out of her room. What a coincidence.

"What? Are you talking about Bax?" Wren plays clueless. "I didn't—."

"I talked to Tuscany, you know your best friend before you completely exposed her." Brixton tilts his head as he watches Wren's face fall. "Wanna guess what she told me?"

"She's a liar." Wren states, a scared expression on her face. "Whatever she said is a lie."

"You don't even know what she said, Wren." Brixton crosses his arms over his chest. "Turns out Baxter wasn't dropped from Queensland. You and Elo were."

"Wha—."

"You for bullying, which is spot on and Elo for 'toxic coaching' which is even more spot on." Brixton clenches his jaw. "And of course you dump it all on Bax."

"You think he's going to believe you over me?"

"Honestly, I don't know." Brixton takes a step towards her. "But what I do know is he trusts me and knows that I will never lie to
him. Ever."

"Aw, it sounds like you're in love with him?" Wren pouts, though deep down, she was scared.

"I love him with all of me." Brixton admits, his heart beating at and abnormal pace. The words slipping past his lips. It was official. He finally said it, he only wished it was to him and not his bitch of a sister. She didn't deserve to hear those words, he did. "You don't know what love is at all. Your boyfriend is still in love with Summer, your sister only tolerates you and after this, your brother will despise you. Leaving you all alone."

"Ari doesn't—."

"I'm giving you until the morning and that is all you are getting." Brixton points at her.
"What you did—What you are doing is messed up. You know this. Stop being such a fucking child and grow up."

Brixton pushes past her, hands on fist by his side due to how heated he was about the whole situation. Baxter deserved everything in the world, if not more. He sacrificed everything and in the end of it all, got bit in the ass. It wasn't fair to him and Brixton was going to give him better.