11.The Survival

Soon enough, the entire pack moved into a large mansion on Crawford Street. It was far enough from the main part of town to hide their secret identities, and close enough not to pull too much suspicion from the villagers.

Everyone in the pack began praising Lalisa after she found all the adult's jobs around town. Some of the employment even went as far as to LA which was only less than an hour drive from Fresno. It was amazing that only after less than two months, she had the family well organized.

Jennie settled into her new room, which was conveniently, and as expected, right next to Lalisa' Master Bedroom. She did it on purpose. Instead of assigning a room on the South Wing along with the other young women of the pack, she had to put her room right next to her. It was fitting, and completely Lalisa.

And even though Jennie just met her and continually avoided her as much as possible, it seemed as though Jennie knew more about her every day . . . just thinking about her and watching.

It was eerie . . . and fascinating. To know Lalisa was frustrated and tired whenever her dark eyes darkened even more as she searched through the internet and newspapers about jobs that suited the individuals of the pack. To know she just wanted to kill someone whenever she was venting her silent stress on punching bags downstairs in the basement or in her study room. But through all this pressure, she did it alone, and Jennie wanted nothing more than to take her in her arms and comfort and sooth her as she went through the strain of taking care of the pack.

Jennie walked casually out of her bedroom and down the hall, stopping in front of the double French doors of Lalisa' large study room. The computer was on, papers were scattered everywhere, and the trashcan overflowed with paper. Lalisa stood in the far left, punching a bag with a violent force and concentration. She looked so powerful as sweat dripped from her chest, her sweatpants almost clinging to her legs as she continued with her assault on the innocent punching bag.

Jennie looked away, fighting the urge to continue watching her. And with a defeated sigh, she headed down the stairs, intent on staying away from Lalisa for the rest of the day if she didn't want to kiss her senseless whenever she saw her.

She shook her head. "Jennifer Ruby Jane-McQueen, you are so screwed," she said softly to herself.

Lalisa had felt her gaze on her the moment she stood outside the study. It heated her to know that she could feel her presence without using any of her natural senses. She just knew. It must have come from the fact that they were now bonded as mates . . . and if only she would take that to the next level and make it official. To be married in the name of 'God' in the human world, and the name of the Moon Goddess in the werewolf world, to sleep in the same bed, and for her to carry her child and finally become part of the Slayer Clan through blood and bond.

Lalisa gave the bag a hard punch from the left.

Lalisa had gone through some rough roads in her life, but being pack leader has been taking a lot out of her. The responsibility and all that shit . . . but she never stooped low. She never complained or whined about all her troubles, she just continued on even when the stress of it all felt like a huge marble stone on her back.

If only she had the pretty blond by her side (and bed) to make the pain, go away. But no . . . the girl was too stubborn and proud to even give a hint of feeling, fondness and care, towards her. And if she did hold any such feelings, she denied it and hid it from her and everyone else.

She kicked the bag.

But she would wait for her to come around . . . she had to.

Jennie was definitely tough, but she wasn't about to back down from the challenge of it either. She had caused something to flare inside of her. It should scare her, but it just made her wonder what it was all about.