32. The Heartache

Diana sat huddled against the steel bars that restrained her within her little cell. It smelled like rotting eggs and a hundred-year-old pile of trash in the dungeon. Yes. A dungeon . . . who would've thought that there would actually be a dungeon in a French styled mansion?

She was hungry and tired . . . but most of all, she was lonely. She had torn her last remaining bonds and connections with her pack members by not only betraying Jennie, but betraying them all as well. Whatever happened to one member of the pack, happened to everyone . . . they were all effected by it one way or another.

She had been a fool to lead the mate of the leader of the clan to the hands of the Initiative. It had been a stupid move . . . a careless one. She could've just been capture and shut up about it since the entire pack would've come to her rescue no matter how much they all despised her. It was an unwritten rule . . . a pull on each of the members to save one of their own . . . whoever that may be.

It was dark in the dungeon . . . and the smell seemed to reek and strengthen within every second she was in there.

And for the first time since she had lost her parents, she cried . . . after years of keeping up with her tough persona, she finally broke down and cried. But it wasn't going to help her when it came to her trial, tears would not gain her sympathy from the pack members who would be the judges . . . and in the end, they would either be her saviours . . . or her murderers.

Why and how she believed she was able to get away with putting Jennie in danger, she'll probably never know . . . but she had just now realized how stupid it was to do. The Moon Goddess and the Shadow King blessed only those who deserved it . . . and Diana was not the type who earned the right to be deserving at all . . . Plus, it was too late for a lesson.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Members of the pack who had returned to the mansion early, breathed a sigh of relief as Lalisa and the rest of their clan entered the mansion doors. They were all more than a little beaten up, tired, yet relieved that it was finally over. Their glowing red wounds that had been quickly healed was prominent all over their body, and they were lucky that it'll never leave any scars.

The only scars they would have to worry about were the mental ones . . . but in time, those would heal as well, and help them all grow even stronger from the lesson of this time gone horrifically wrong.

But it was a bigger relief to see Jennie safe and sound, wrapped safely in Lalisa' favoured leather jacket. She held her closely, pressing her body firmly but gently against her warm chest. Her face remained blank and stoic, not giving off any sort of expression or mental thoughts as she trudged silently up the stairs.

Lalisa said not one word to any of them as she carried Jennie to their bedroom. The girls quickly shared a look and followed the silent werewolf up to the East Wing, knowing that she'll need their help.

"Get some hot water, towels, bandages, and anything else that should be needed," Joyce listed to Alice, "Tell Ann to cook some soup and bring some water up here. Sidney, go help her," she ordered quietly, as if to not jolt Lalisa in her dream-like trance.

The clan looked on in silence, watching as they disappeared down the hall. They couldn't really do anything now except hope for the best and start reorganizing so Lalisa didn't have to go through more stress trying to get everyone back on their feet. It's the least they could do for their leader.

"I'm checking up on Diana," Kai announced.

"You know the orders," Bambam told him, "We are not to go down there."