20. The Life

"What are you gonna name him?" Lalisa asked, caressing her arm as they stared at the small town that laid before them in the darkness.

Jennie stared down at the dog who slept peacefully on her lap and smiled at the adorable picture he made. "Tiger," she answered simply, gently running a finger from the dog's forehead to his neck.

Lalisa quirked up an eyebrow and held her tighter against her. "Tiger?" she asked doubtfully. "Well . . . you can't be any more creative than that, now can you?" she said, sliding a warm hand inside her shirt so she could caress the smooth flesh of her flat stomach.

Jennie laughed and looked up at her, placing a hand over her roaming one before it went even deeper within her shirt. Lalisa pouted and she made it up to her by placing a sweet kiss on her stubbly chin before turning back to watch the twinkling lights of Fresno below them.

After the revelation up in her room, the two of them had silently walked out into the dark woods and towards the bare hills that overlooked the entire town they had made their home in.

It had already been three hours since they first sat there, holding hands . . . kissing, and talking about nothing . . . but everything.

A sense of understanding had built up between them. Trust and acceptance had just been added to their bond, strengthening it even more than ever.

"It's a good name," Jennie insisted. "It defies his dog breeding. It's a good contrast, an even balance between feline and canine," she explained happily.

"Whatever you say, lover," Lalisa said, kissing her crown with a smile.

Jennie sighed and snuggled even deeper in Lalisa' embrace. "This is the life," she shared out loud.

"Are you sure?" Lalisa asked jokingly.

"Yup," Jennie said with a perky nod, "Sitting with the love your life in a cool night with a new puppy." She nodded a bit more eagerly this time, "Yup. This is definitely the life."

"Good," Lalisa whispered in her ear before nibbling on her lobe and saying, "Same goes for me."

Jennie smiled up at her, biting her lip at her sweet and tender manners. She leaned back against her as the two of them stared up at the night sky, the twinkling stars the only light shining down upon them.

"I can steal all the stars in the sky . . . yet the brightness won't compare to yours," Lalisa said softly, causing her to close her eyes and shiver from her voice and her proclamation.

Lalisa was a charmer. She couldn't have asked for more . . . And obviously . . . neither could she. Lalisa never knew she would be able to touch anything so pure and good. It was luck, to have her here at this moment, with her stating her love for her. And it was perfect. All perfect.

"I can't believe this is happening," Jennie said softly. "This has got to be a dream."

"No," Lalisa said, shaking her head, "This is reality . . . and reality is, I'm with you," she told her self-confidently, "And I'm always going to love you. Nothing will ever change that . . . Nothing."

And nothing would, she realized. Just being there, with Jennie, was enough to make her comprehend that nothing could ever to compare to the feeling of completeness and utter bliss she felt with her by her side.

Jennie smiled and closed her eyes once again before asking, "What drove you here?"

"The promise of leading a pack," Lalisa answered truthfully, stroking her hand with the pad of her thumb in a comforting pattern, "And the rumor of a beautiful werewolf who was protected within."