26. The Friend

"Stop," Jennie giggled as Lalisa's hands came around her slim waist, capturing her in a solid hold.

The handsome pack leader laughed lightly at her weak attempt to end her constant handling of her, and pulled her, clutching at her stomach as she kissed her neck. "I can't stop. Not when you look good enough to eat."

"That's what breakfast is for Lover" Jennie scolded playfully, trying to pull away from her strong clasp and at the same time, not wanting too either. It was so warm and safe in her embrace, and she couldn't leave it, not when it felt this good. "Come on! We're going to be late if you keep ravishing me like this," she said, tugging her down the staircase.

Lalisa growled and nipped at her neck. "We're already late, my love."

They had been in the bedroom for hours and had finally managed to shower and dress. They were at least a half hour late, and there was no doubt that the rest of the clan would wonder about them.

Lalisa' hands worked up her red top so she could caress the smooth skin beneath the intruding piece of cloth.

"They'll all drop dead if they see us all giggly like this," Jennie moaned when Lisa placed a firm kiss on her lips.

Lalisa raised one dark brow. "Excuse me? I do *not* giggle," she insisted.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

Lalisa grinned. "I chuckle, I laugh . . . I grunt."

"A lot," Jennie added.

"You weren't complaining last night," Lalisa whispered suggestively in her ear.

Jennie blushed and pushed her away when they finally reached the entrance of the dining room. "Behave yourself," she muttered in warning, her eyes still glinting in mischief.

Everyone stopped mid conversation as the enchanting pair walked casually to their seats, holding hands and fighting hard to keep from laughing at pack's shocked expressions.

Silence permeated the dining room, the ticking of the grandfather's clock right by the window the only sound that could be heard.

"Morning," the two of them muttered in unison.

Lalisa held Jennie's hand more firmly in her own, squeezing it with reassurance as she slightly fingered the ring on her left hand. Everyone's eyes quickly gazed at the glittering diamond with awe and a sense of cheer through the stillness.

Jisoo, Rosé, and Alice gasped and stared at Jennie in shock and horror. Jennie smiled at them and winked as Lalisa led her down the narrow space of the dining room and helped her sit on her usual chair next to the head of the table.

Jennie smiled up at her, not breaking the silence as she kissed her crown before sitting on her own seat.

Lalisa cleared her throat, but realized it was futile when she noticed that they already had everyone's attention. "We have an announcement to make," she said, grinning at Jennie as they continued to hold hands.

"Ahhhhh!" Rosé was the first to scream out her shock.

Jisoo and Alice soon followed as they ran towards a very surprised and blushing Jennie and started blabbing on with excitement.

"Oh, my god!"

"I can't believe it!"

"It's beautiful."

"I know."

"You slut!"

"You didn't even tell us!"