Chapter 7: Like One Of Us.

When I wake up again, I find the diary next to me and not deep in the floor. It makes sense, since I'm the only one living here and Elizabeth likes to tell me that all the time when I hide her things.

Getting on my knees, I sit on the floor while searching for her answer.

Sang. Stop searching through my things, I warn you. Everything I do, I do to protect you. And I regret nothing. So be grateful and leave it alone. I know what I'm doing, okay? You have to trust me.

Protect me? Protect me from what? Mother is gone. Marie is gone. The sleepless nights and hunger is over, the rise and vinegar  punishments, the nights in the freezer in the basement. Is all gone.

What I'm in danger from? What does she knows?

North's point of view.

I'd like to say I never really hoped for her to be different. To have never looked at that helpless and nervous girl and be convinced it wasn't her, or that there was other side of the story I wasn't aware of. But I did have hope and I did wanted there to be another side of the story. Something we missed, something lost.
  But she turned out to be a lie. I gotta say she fucking had me: The shaking hands, the shy smiles, the incapacity of looking at us in the eyes.
I feel so stupid. So mad. Useless.
"Where is it?" I growl at Kota when I see the back of Sang's house.
"Now, we go deeper into the woods" he points, and we follow behind.
"Holy shit!" Exclaims Gabriel, jumping next to Victor.
"What?" Luke asks, by my side.
"My ass just vibrated!" He whispered/shouted.
We looked at each other before looking back to him.
We always knew he wasn't very whole, but...
"What?" Laughs Silas.
Gabriel gets out of his pockets Jeans his cellphone. He pales a little.
"What?"  I ask.
"I have missed calls  from Mr. B and Doc. Are we in trouble?"
We all search for our phones, seeing the missed calls. Kota stops walking and dials Mr. Blackbourne. 
"Mr. Blackbourne? We are just about to... Change of plans?" We all look at each other for the news "But... Oh, okay. We'll be there".
 He hangs up and we wait.
"It looks like there has been a change of plans. Mr. Blackbourne will meet us at my house"
"We should order pizza" Luke says, nodding his head.

"You only think of junk food" I acusse him.

"You only think of tomatoes!"
The guys roll their eyes at us, because they're used to it. And going to Kota's, I can't help but glance at Sang's house between the trees.
Twenty minutes later, the pizza arrives with Mr. Blackbourne and Doc.
"Hope you ordered Mexican!" Doc says as soon as he is inside. I point at the table, where his half of Mexican pizza is. The other half is for Mr. Blackbourne: Cheese and green olives.
Of course, he doesn't touch the pizza. He won't until we are all aware of what he wants to say.For his luck? We are already gathered.
"How close have you gotten to Miss Sonrenson?" He asks.
"Not very much" Nathan says "She missed school today. It's been three days since we met her".
"But we already know it's her" I say.
They all look at me with that expression in their eyes, except Kota. They better learn to shake it off, like me.
"Yeah, we were thinking about that" Doc says with that tone of 'I'm thinking not', picking the chorizo out of the slice of pizza and putting it in his mouth "This is the best part" He mumbles.

"What do you mean?" Asks Kota, re-adjusting his glasses.

"It has come to us that Miss Sorenson has a sister who we know nothing about"

"Is in the school?" Gabriel asks.

"As I repeat, Mr. Coleman, we know nothing about"

"But the girl in the picture..." Silas starts, only to be cut off by Mr. Blackbourne.
"Remember that there is a possibility of a twin"
"An evil one" Adds Doctor Green, on his second slice of Pizza.
Gabriel and Luke light up like a Christmas Three. I see hope all around.
My heart beats faster.
Could it be...? No, North! Stop it!
"I already said such an evil human being can't have beutiful hair like that" Said Gabriel, smiling widely.
"She's so adorable" Luke adds  " like a puppy".
Mr. Blackbourne frowns on us.
"She's like an angel" Silas smiles, daydreaming "Aggele Mou" He mutters.
I arch an eyebrow to him.
"And her laugh is adorable" Victor agrees.