Chapter 33: Butterfly.

Sang's point of view.

When I open my eyes, I see blurry, but I can see the silouete of a woman. When everything seems clears, she comes at my side and smiles. But there is nothing kind about it.
"Hello, Sang. Long time non seen"
My lips are dry and I feel numb. I can only stare at her dark hair and hazel eyes, with present wrinckles at the corners for her age. 
Where am I? Why does she lo 
  Remember, Sang. Remember.
Reaching for the tea, a shot of pain in my back, dad sitting on the floor with me while holding a knife in his hand, but I can't really hear a thing he says. I hear the blood rushing through my ears. But he despises me. I know that. The teather he had put up with before, it was all a lie. I understand this while I'm dying on the floor. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna...
  But I'm here. Where is here? Who is she?
"Your heart beat is going up, sugar. Calm down" She says, touching the machine next to me as if nothing. Is she a nurse?
"Who are you?" I ask her under my breath. Talking seems so hard.
"You don't remember me? Oh, of course you don't. Can you see how sick you are? I blame it all on your parents. This wouldn't have to be like this"
"What?"
I move my fingers, but I have the impression I'm trying to move in someone else's body.
"It's okay, darling. You might feel a little bit off, but that's for the pain. I'm Doctor Rossumm, nice to see you again. I've been waiting a long time for you"
"What's going on?!"
The machine emites another couples of sounds, and she tries to calm me down by shooing me as if I was a toodler. 
"Will you calm down? Which one of you are you?"
I try to catch my breath, still looking at her. What. The. Hell.
"Fine, let me rephrase that, if that's what you need: Are you... what? Kaylan? She was always freaking out at any possible chance. But I have to say even she was better than that clever of Elizabeth and the brat of Lake. I certinly hated those girls. And Mina, what to say. An abomination. We were so close until she decided it was time to throw your mother downstairs and she cowered up. Where is good parenting left?"
 By now, the only thing I can think of is I gotta run the hell outta her right now.
"Let me go! How do you know this? What am I doing here?"

"I'd feel sorry for you, but I did before and after feeling the same for one person the thing gets... tiredsome. Wasted. Besides, you've turned out to be a lot of problem for me and my family and I can't truly feel sorry for you. But if you must know, Eleazar brought you here. Content now?"
 Rossum. Eleazar.
"You're his mother"
"Exactly, dear. You're getting the hang of it. So. I've heard the rest of your family is dead now. How... convinient. For me and my brother, of course. We shall get started soon".
"What...? What are you talking about?"
"Don't you know? Of course you don't, I forget sometimes. It's been a long time since I had you" She smiles as if funny and puts a lock of her hair behind her ears like she was some sort of royalty member "You killed him, honey"
"Killed... who? Eleazar?"
"God, no! Do you think you'd be still breathing if you had killed my son? I am referring to your father. He's gone, as Marie and your mother. Mina killed him, or Elizabeth" She sighs "Forgive me, but after all these years remembering is so... tough. Those two were always at each other throats but in the inside they were two drops of water" She laughs, suddenly "Oh, my god! Look at me now. Talking about you as if there were really different people within you. How ridiculous! You'll have to forgive me, I fear. I am an old doctor. Remembering is hard. Letting go is incredibly easy. I'm so rude, excuse me. I'm guessing you have questions for me since you don't even know the color of your underwear today. You can ask, darling. I'll do my best, but I can't promise you you'll like what you hear. Okay. Ready?"
For a moment, I can only stare.
"Who are you?" I ask again, but this time in low whispers as I can barely think or talk or do anything.
"My name is Susan Rossum. I was your doctor a long time a go, when you were just a little kid. We were treating you to solve your... little problem"

"We?" 
"Me and my brother. He spend years trying to find some kind of solution for people like you, he wanted to be a revolutioner, but, well... Mina pulled one of his acts. He's dead now and needless to say his dream never came true, not by chance. But I'm here now"
"What do you mean my kind?"
"You'll se, I'm not only a doctor, but a scientist, as Kevin, my brother. We had another brother, you know? Not that my sons know that. His name was Eric, younger than us, the family baby. That boy. He would always make us smile, even when it was very dark. So kind and lovely. We loved him. But as you, he was tainted. Stainted. Cursed. Funny thing, listeting this from the mouth of a scientist, but you'll have to forgive me since my parents were catholics. Old customs are hard to kill. That's how it goes, right? Anyway, dear Eric was just like you: Innocent and lovely one minute and at the other... A stranger. And not only a stranger, but a devil worshipper. Sometimes at night I still remember my mothers screams when he found my baby brother praying at Satan. His other side of him was in those satanic cults, did you know? It distroyed my family. And dad, oh, my dad one day lost his mind. He killed him. Eric made him killed him and then dad became a murderer. How could he still live in that house, with God watching above? Or at least, that what they said. Dad left one morning and never came back. Mother became ruthless and then... Well. The rest wasn't happy. I miss Eric so much. I'd wish I could save him. I wished that a lot when I was younger, and then we discovered how much medicine had advanced..."
 She trails off in her thoughts.