Chapter 37: Heartbeat.

Sang's point of view.

My hands had never failed me like this. I had never stopped to think about them, but I've come to realize they're probably the part of my body that I appreciate the most. They allow me to do so many things, they  open a world of chances for me, they let me protect myself. 
  Most of the time.
I've managed to press the button of the seat belt, but now they're too tired to go. They can't. Please, don't do this. I still need to fight.  Wake up, hands!
 My whole body fails me, but my hands cannot do that. Not tonight. I won't allow it. So when there is nothing that keeps me from jumping off the sit, I take the needle that was in me and hold tight, even when every part of me hurts. Then I do it: I take all my strenght that's left and jump fordward, stabbing the needle in her neck. She screams and the car starts to lose control. Her nails scratch my hands, but I make sure to bury the needle deep down and to keep my hand on it. Blood starts to rush out of me, but I don't care.
  We crash.
I see black.

Gabriel's point of view.

"What...?!"
"Mr. Coleman! Tell in in this instant what is happening. Mr. Coleman!" I hear through the speaker of the phone.
"The car is losing control! They're gonna crush"
For a moment, there is silence on the other line.
"We'll be there right away, Gabriel" But then I'm already stopping, because they do: The car crashes against a three then swirls and crashes again until it stops.

 Everything becomes smoke and shattered glass.
"Fuck!"
Jumping off the car I run towards them and get down to see if there are hurt people. If my beautiful trouble maker is hurt. The first one I see is Stella Rossum there, her head bleeding with some glasses stuck inside her skin. Unconsious. I take her pulse, and it's there but it's too weak. I can't fucking make myself feel fucking sorry for that monster.
  I find Trouble on the back seat. I pull the door, but it's stuck.
"Sang! Sang, can you hear me?"
But she doesn't answer back. I don't think I have ever felt this fucking scared since I lost my family. I cannot remember a time so dark.
"Sang!" I pull the door hard until my hands are bleeding and I fall on my ass with the car door. Sang is in there, curled up with her stomach down, her face pressed against the seat. 
She looks... No! No! Don't you dare go there, Gabriel!
"Please, trouble, tell me something!" I call for her as I grab her in my arms and the fire starts "Trouble, don't you dare fucking leaving me, do you understand? If you think you can just go like nothing ever happened, then you are wrong. You are wrong! I will not let you go, do you hear me? You're not allowed to! You're grounded! You're grounded forever!
  I walk towards the car with her in my arms, like a ghost. Or a fucking zombie. I put her on the ground and check her pulse with blurry eyes. Stupid tears, stupid heart!
At the beginning, I can't feel nothing and my heart breaks in two. A pain covers my chest. 
They always talk about heart break as something painful, but I never thought it was literal. There is this whole inside of me growing. My back arches, my lungs can't reach for air, my eyes sting.
Is she...?
Is she gone forever?

Kota's point of view.

Melody Sorenson is the vivid image of her daughter. Green eyes, petite frame, blonde hair. But the picture of her here is...
 I have to close my eyes. She looks so empty.
I hurry and print the file. As I wait for it, I can't stop looking at my back in case someone is looking at me, and I know what I have to do. I enter Stella Rossum's name and find her hospital file, is long and I won't risk and print it too, but I look for every office she ever had just to find there is another office on her name at the last floor, a office she keeps for paper work. At her desk, we would find nothing. We didn't. But room 492 is the key here.
So, tucking Melody Sorenson's file under my armpit, I take the elevator and try to look calmed as I hit the last floor, and wait. Soon enough, I find myself in a deserted hall and I take the oportunity to run, looking quickly for rom 492. I find it at the end of the hall, a locked door, but I am Academy. There is no door that will keep me out when my family is involved, and worst, in danger.
  Inside, there a so many different things. Picture of Stella and her family, old lab machines that from what I know are expensive and boxes over a dust covered wooden desk.
It looks like her storage for an old lab... Because that's exactly what it is! But hers! 
I go through the files and find things I can't understand, but then I find a box full of pictures and reports that take my breath away.
  This is it.

Sean's point of view.

We are opening the car doors even before the car stops. Gabriel is over Sang on the floor, crying his heart out and I can only know the worst.
Are we too late? We can't. We can't.
Owen and I run off to them and he fall on his knees in front of her. My finger go to her neck and wrist, but her pulse isn't there.
"Sean?" Owen says my name, tense.
I close my eyes.
No. No! This isn't supposed to be like this! No!
"Sean" He whispers, letting himself fall and put his walls up, looking at nothing, at everything.
"NO! NO! SANG!" Gabriel cries, and I'm about to hold him when I feel it.
A slight pulse under my skin, so weak, almost not there. Almost like she had come back to us.
"She's alive" I say "She's alive!"
Gabriel looks up at me with wide eyes and then at Sang, laying there on the floor. Owen reacts faster than us: He calls an ambulance and yells at the woman on the other side of the line while I tru to keep her alive, while Gabriel hold her hand and another car parks near us. The guy get out of it to us, except for Kota, I realize after. He is nowhere to be found.
 The guys call for her, but she doesn't open her eyes. She might still be here, but it doesn't mean that we are safe from loosing her.
  We are nowhere safe from losing her.