(9) Blood Dinner

Minji walked into the restaurant holding Hanni's hand. The restaurant manager greeted them and escorted them to their table.

Minji seemed familiar with the manager, who was a Japanese woman with a strong Japanese accent. Minji spoke fluent Japanese and smiled at the manager's words.

Hanni knew that Minji's father was Korean and her mother was of Japanese-Korean descent, which probably explained her fluency in Japanese. But Hanni quickly shifted her focus away from Minji.

As the manager left, Minji pulled out a chair for Hanni and sat in front of her.

"This restaurant is owned by my mom," Hyunjin said, looking at the manager's departure. "Miyu has been my mom's assistant for a long time. She loves this restaurant like her life."

Hanni was silent, staring at Minji. She knew that Minji's parents had passed away, but information about them was closely guarded and no one could get to it.

A waiter came and Minji ordered again in fluent Japanese. When the appetizer arrived, Hanni was fascinated by its appearance.

Minji explained that it was firettosāmon, which turned out to be smoked salmon fillet served with creme, citrus slices, and Melonpan bread. The presentation was beautiful, like a desert on a plate complete with its exotic atmosphere.

Hanni took her first bite and sighed, feeling the creme melting in her mouth and creating a delicious blend of sweetness and tenderness.

She didn't realize that Minji was watching her expression with a hungry look.

Minji's mood was extremely bad, her unfulfilled desire making herextremely frustrated. She really wanted to explode inside Hanni's body.

Minji ordered Yamanashi wine as their dinner companion, hoping that tonight Hanni would get a little drunk and loosen her defenses. But the thought of making love to Hanni while she was drunk did not appeal to her at all.

She wanted her to be willing, to wrap her legs around Minji's body when they were united. That time would come eventually if Minji was patient and slowly subdued this tough woman.

The main course arrived, Yakiniku, a traditional dish with Japanese spices made from thinly sliced beef, coated with delicious sauce and grilled on a barbecue grill until light brown and oily together with soft mashed potatoes, and served with a bowl of salad.

It tasted incredibly delicious with unusual and typical seasoning blends, making Hanni fascinated by the taste of Japanese cuisine. No wonder this restaurant was awarded five stars.

"Do you like it?" In the dim light of the lamp, Minji looked softer. The cruel line on her lips seemed to fade away and she looked more relaxed.

Hanni wanted to argue but didn't want to ruin this beautiful atmosphere. Being locked up in that cursed room for weeks and now for some reason Minji kindly took her out, even with tight security escorting them.

Hanni glanced at Minji's guards who stood as usual at the exit access.

Hanni nodded her head. She really enjoyed all of this, not just the food - although the food at Minji's home was just as delicious - but being able to eat with an open view, not locked doors and rooms was very enjoyable for her.

"Good," Minji muttered contentedly, then called the waiter to serve dessert and coffee. "I want a truce."

Hanni shifted her interested gaze to the new dessert that had just arrived.

It was mitsu mame, a dessert consisting of ice cream with various jelly toppings, Japanese dumplings, and fruits that are reportedly very popular with Japanese customers. It felt chewy and refreshing.