(18) Minji's problem

Life in their marriage went as it should be. Every night, Minji always touched her. Her passion seemed to never run out. But only at that moment could they be close.

Hanni frowned, realizing that she could only be close to her wife when they made love.

Minji did become a better person. She was never rough and forceful again. The woman only raised her eyebrows when Hanni began to argue with her words, then walked away, choosing to avoid confrontation.

Their marriage had been going on for almost two months and Hanni still felt something was bothering her.

Oh yeah, she realized that the foundation of this marriage was wrong from the start. Only based on a work contract covered in desire.

Not to mention the reasons that Minji did not want to admit until now: that Hanni was only a replacement for Hong Eunchae.

Hanni never visited the wing of the house that stored Eunchae's painting and Sunoo had not mentioned her first wife Kim Minji again.

Hanni suspected that Minji forbade Sunoo and everyone in this house from discussing it because Minji herself seemed never to explain it.

Hanni became increasingly confused. What would this marriage be like in the future?

Was she wrong to accept Minji's proposal back then?

And one more question that began to disturb her heart, did she love Minji?

The more Hanni tried to think about it, the more her head hurt. Ah, she had been feeling dizzy lately, strange dizziness that came and went without knowing the time.

"Hey, Hanni?" Minji suddenly appeared in front of her, "Are you ok?"

She frowned as she saw Hanni walking unsteadily while holding onto the corridor wall. Hanni tried to stand up straight, but this time the dizziness really hit her hard so she swayed. Immediately, Minji caught her.

"Pham Hanni!" Minji's panicked voice was still heard before everything was swallowed up in darkness.

***

"Mrs. Hanni is pregnant. Congratulations, Minji," the old doctor shook his hand enthusiastically, "Finally, there's a potential heir to be born for Mrs. Kim Minji."

Minji turned pale. The doctor kept babbling about the pregnancy and their potential baby, but all that was on Minji's mind was a nightmare.

A nightmare that she had been trying to forget, but now it came back to haunt her. Minji instructed Sunoo to see the doctor off. Then Sunoo came back and looked at Minji anxiously. The man must have known what was going on in his boss's mind.

"She's pregnant," Minji repeated the doctor's announcement even though she knew Sunoo had heard it. She just wanted to say it out loud to make sure that the nightmare had indeed become a reality.

"Mrs. Pham Hanni is in good health, Min."

"Good health, you say?" Minji snapped angrily, "She fainted in front of me earlier, looked pale and so weak!"

"But Mrs. Pham Hanni is not the same as─"

"Shut up!" Minji growled angrily, "Hanni cannot be pregnant!" she declared.

***

Hanni opened her eyes in the dim light of Minji's room. The first thing she found was Minji sitting gloomily in a chair next to the bed, she seemed to be waiting for her to wake up.

"What happened?" Hanni asked weakly, holding her head and frowning, still feeling dizzy. Minji looked at her sharply, seeming unhappy with the sight of Hanni frowning in pain.