(16) Birthday gift

Today is her birthday. Hanni already knows that today will come. Somehow she knows that Minji will come to pick her up and take her away again. Her heart beats fast.

A knock on her door startled her even though Hanni was already anticipating it. When she opened the door, Hanni locked eyes with Minji.

The woman looks incredibly pretty, even more pretty than the last time they met. Wearing black sunglasses and a blue shirt layered with a khaki jacket and matching pants, her long hair adds to her charm. She looks like an angel standing in front of Hanni's door.

"I already know what you're going to say," Hanni said, trying to search for Minji's eyes but struggling because of the sunglasses.

Minji fell silent, "I know that you know. Sunoo told me about your meeting."

The woman glanced behind Hanni, "May I come in?"

***

Hanni backed away uncomfortably. Letting Minji into her house was like letting the devil take over her life. But there was no other choice. They needed to talk at length, and they couldn't possibly talk at the doorstep like this.

Hanni tilted her body to welcome Minji into the house. Minji immediately sat on the brown sofa, looking comfortable, then took off her sunglasses and put them on the table.

"What are your plans for your birthday?" Minji looked around the room.

"Nothing."

Actually, Hanni had a strawberry cheesecake in her fridge, but that was for her to eat later tonight, without Minji's disturbance.

Minji looked at Hanni as if sizing her up, "I can throw a party for you."

"I don't need a party from you."

"Hmm," she sighed then when she looked at Hanni, her gaze turned serious, "You know why I'm here, right?"

Hanni nodded, "Before you say what you mean, I want to make a new offer to you.

"Offer?" Minji raised her eyebrows, "Okay, explain."

"I will return all the money you have ever given to my father."

"Hanni," Minji chuckled.

"The debt is so big that you might only be able to repay it with your body. No, I refuse your offer. And you...,"

Minji's eyes turned sensual, "You will be my wife soon according to the agreement."

"I'm not an object that can be bought at will. Why are you so relaxed? This is a marriage issue, not a business transaction!"

"I just want you to be my wife," Minji leaned forward, looking at Hanni who started to get emotional, "I have decided that from the beginning."

"Why?" Hanni couldn't hold back the sharpness in her tongue, "Because you want to make me a replacement doll for Hong Eunchae?"

Minji's face hardened when Hanni mentioned the name Hong Eunchae, her lips tightened, "Don't link her to all of this!"

"How can I not link her?" Hanni had held back but her voice began to rise, "All of this is because of this face! Because my face looks like your late wife! You can't treat me as her replacement, Kim Minji! We are different people and I refuse to be treated like that!"

"I know you're different," Minji stood in front of Hanni, ready to confront her, "Believe me, I really know! Because I've never felt this kind of passion with anyone else!"

Minji pulled Hanni into her arms and gently kissed her lips. She didn't force herself on her like she usually did.

Slowly, she opened Hanni's lips, tasted them slowly, then softly nibbled on them. Her tongue traced Hanni's lips and then played with her tongue, savoring it completely. When the kiss finally ended, they were both breathless.