(12) Caught in the Storm of Emotions

When her consciousness returned, Hanni was in a white room. She closed her eyes again. She had never felt so grateful to be in this room. Fear still crept over her, imagining the flashing knife on her face, her body, her arms... Ouch!

Hanni felt an intense pain and looked at her arm, which was heavily bandaged. The pain was still there, but more from Hanni's deep trauma due to her terrible experience.

Hanni sat down. Minji had saved her, once again.

Why did she save her?

Was it really because she was considered Minji's special whore?

Because she served Minji with her body?

With a pale face, Hanni turned away. She felt so low.

The woman saved her. Hanni closed her eyes, imagining how Minji had blocked the knife about to stab her with her hand.

Hanni still remembered the flowing blood, and whether she liked it or not, Hanni realized that she had been saved by Minji several times.

Why did she save her? That was a question she couldn't answer. For years, Hanni had nurtured hatred in her heart, cultivating a deep sense of revenge, with the knowledge that the evil Minji had destroyed her family.

Well, Minji was evil indeed. But apart from imprisoning Hanni, she treated Hanni well. Did she really consider Hanni as her lover?

Hanni's cheeks turned red imagining it all. Was all of Minji's kindness purely driven by lust?

She should feel humiliated, but she didn't. Her feelings felt warm against her will. She shouldn't feel like this. Her hatred was her only weapon against that woman.

If Hanni started to feel something more towards Minji...

Hanni shook her head, trying to push away these feelings that entangled her. 

Trembling, she touched her bandaged arm and cried. Her whole life had changed in such a short time, all the well-thought-out plans were shattered, and now she was sinking here. Back in the clutches of that demon of a woman, and now even indebted to Minji for her life.

"Don't cry," Hanni jumped when she heard the voice nearby.

Fearfully, she turned and found Minji there, sitting on the sofa not far from the bed, watching her.

Hanni roughly wiped her tears and glared at Minji angrily. "All of this is because of you!" she accused, "If you didn't involve me in your enemy-filled life, I wouldn't be experiencing this!"

"And if you weren't easily deceived by the charming doctor who always smiles, you wouldn't have been kidnapped so easily," Minji interjected sharply.

"I just want to be free from you, why won't you let me go?" Hanni shouted in frustration this time, "I beg you, I'm sick of being here. I─"

"Aren't you happy here, Hanni?" Minji approached the bed and touched Hanni's chin with her fingers. That's when Hanni noticed that Minji's palm was wrapped in bandages.

"I fulfill your needs, I give you what you can't buy with your own money, don't you think that's enough?"

"I'm not a whore," Hanni hissed sharply, "Your wealth and beauty mean nothing to me. All I want is your death because you've destroyed my family. But if I can't have that, I'm satisfied enough to be free from you!"

Hanni stared at Minji defiantly.

The woman looked at Hanni sharply and shrugged, gazing at Hanni straight in the eyes. "Let it go, I don't want to argue with you," she said seriously, examining Hanni.