Chapter 3

This whole mosquito thing had Saitama on edge. Whole animals like cows being drained to the point of being mummified? Not normal, almost definitely monster related. So, while every human and monster under his protection stayed inside, he was patrolling the streets. He pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket when it pings with an alarm, part of the system he had set up when he first took control of City Z. Bunch of cameras set up around the city that automatically send a warning to every device in the city. There were three different alarms for different things, like monsters, unknown personnel and heroes. The hero alarm, for obvious reasons, had the biggest font and the loudest notification sound. Thankfully these two alarms were just about a monster and an unknown. With everyone inside, the unknown could be dealt with later. The monster that may or may not be linked to the mosquito plague comes first.

Patrolling the area around where the monster alarm pinged, he soon finds BOTH the monster and the unknown. And what he finds is... unpleasant. Shit, this guy is packing some serious firepower. He didn't register as a hero so he must be some kind of vigilante character. Either way, he's dangerous. Better get him out of here after this so everyone can come out.' He watches as a ball of mosquitoes forms. 'And that bug girl is definitely the cause of the mosquito outbreak, if her aesthetic is anything to go by. Better take 'em both out.' There's a massive ball of fire that comes from the newly formed mass of mosquitoes that formed. 'Or they'll just kill each other first. Crap.'

Saitama was pleasantly surprised when the big girl came out of the smoke looking like she got an upgrade. And then she started tearing the (evidently) robot guy apart. 'I should probably step in, buuuuuut... I'll call this karma for trespassing in my city and then I'll save him.' After seeing it only takes about thirty seconds for the robo guy to get torn apart, Saitama steps in, putting two gloved fingers to his lips and whistling, gaining the attention of both robot and insect. "Yo, Larva Lady-"
"Mosquito Girl."
"-can you not kill him, maybe? You know, somethings been bugging me," Mosquito Girl's face made it clear she did not enjoy the pun "most monsters I've met have had some monologue about how they were human and were obsessed with something and turned into it, but why a mosquito exactly?"

Mosquito Girl puffs up with pride. "I was not made like a normal monster. I was created by Doctor Genus."
"A doctor huh? Sounds interesting. Before I swat you, wanna elaborate on that?"
That gets a mess than happy reaction from Mosquito Girl. "Swat me?! Myself and others like me are the result of Genus' work, we are his creations," she makes a beeline for him through the air "we are the pinnacle of artificial evoluti-" when within arms reach, a simple flick to her sternum sent her flying back with every rib fractured and her exoskeleton dented.
Picking her up, Saitama marches towards his home. "I have some questions for you." Her only response was to cough up a wad of blood.
"Wait!" Saitama turns to the robot guy. "Please tell me your name!"
Seeing no harm in it, Saitama tells him. "Saitama."
"Make me your disciple!"
Saitama shrugs. "Whatever." He takes a few steps before realizing what he just agreed to and he turns back to the robot guy with his shocked derpy expression. "Wait, what?"

Mosquito Girl wakes up in a lavish king size bed. "What the-"
"Good morning."
She gets startled by a familiar voice and she turns to the side of the bed to see the bald guy that almost killed her. "Ah! Please don't kill m-" she coughs uncontrollably and holds her chest with a buggy hand.
"Yeah, sorry about that. I took a while to fix you up, but I think I did more damage than I actually wanted. I wanted to ask you some questions, but before we get into that, want some blood?" Following his gesture, she finds a pint of blood in a blood bag.
Hesitantly grabbing the bag, she eyes Saitama with suspicion. "What did you want to know?"
Leaning back in his chair, he asks the one at the forefront of his mind. "You said you were vested by a guy called Genus. What's his deal?"

After the whole explanation about who Genus is and what he does, Saitama's brain was seining with ideas. 'A guy that smart could be pretty good for the city. As long as he remembers to play by the rules.' A ping from his phone alerts him to an unknown in the city limits. Checking it, he gets annoyed. 'That guy again.' Sighing, he gets up. "Stay here, I have something I need to attend to."

Thankfully, since the warning is sent out to every device in the city, that robot guy didn't run into any monsters on his way to try and find Saitama before said bald guy found him. "You know, there's a system in this city when you want to visit."
The robot guy bows. "I merely wanted to see you as soon as possible."
"Yeah well, respect the law kid. Now get lost. I'm not looking for a disciple. And besides, I'm busy trying to get Mosquito Girl to tell me where her boss is."
"I could be of assistance." His black eyes suddenly widen. "There is something approaching at high speed."

Some kind of praying mantis creature with an exposed brain lands in the street before them, scattering the civilians. "Greetings! I am- woah!" The mantis creature falls over when a nearby street light is incinerated.
The robot guy had prepared to kill the mantis, but his attack was deflected by Saitama. "Master, what's are you doing? It's a monster."
"I kinda want to hear what he has to say." He gestures at the mantis. "Sorry about that. Proceed."
The mantis is taken aback. "Uh, right. Anyway, I am Kamakyuri from the House of Evolution, and my team and I have been sent to collect you and Mosquito Girl and bring you both to Doctor Genus."
Saitama smirks, very eager to meet Genus. "Then by all means, show me the way."