Chapter 8

After lunch, the teacher and disciple duo do a quick patrol of City Q. Which led to them meeting the class A rank 1 hero Amai Mask. Both rookies were immediately on edge, With Saitama stepping in front of his student. "If you're here to rookie crush my friend, I hope you're ready to have your face put through the pavement."
Amai Mask just chuckles. "Easy there. What's your name and rank?"
"Saitama, Class B rank 50."
"Interesting. Anyway, I just wanna talk to the newest Class S. Alone."

Saitama watches the two high class heroes talk, keeping his eyes on Amai Mask. He didn't really trust the higher ups after the Snek incident. 'Maybe I'll have Genos go through the higher rank heroes to see if they have a history with this kind of thing. Don't wanna get caught off guard, even if I am indestructible.'

"So what did he want to talk to you about?"
"He was welcoming me, in an odd sense."
Saitama raises a brow. "Odd how?"
Genos recalls the conversation. "He told me his philosophy that heroes should be beautiful symbols of justice and that he expected great things from me and asked my opinion on the hero application tests."
"This is odd. Not entirely wrong though. Appearances do matter in the hero world. You have to make sure you're approachable for civilians and make sure they trust you with their lives in order to bring in big donations."
"You are quite knowledgeable about this, master."
Saitama shrugs. "What can I say? I do my homework.
"Hmmm." Genos splits off from Saitama. "I will be back."
"Huh?" Saitama watches Genos leave. "Alright then."

"When you said 'I'll be back' I didn't think this is what you meant."
Genos has a big backpack. "I had to go home and get my things."
"Ok. Why?"
Genos drops the bag. "May I live here?"
Saitama stares down his student for a moment before sighing. "Did you bring a toothbrush?"
"Yes master."

Amai Mask stands in his apartment overlooking the city. "Hmm. Genos is one thing. A little guidance and he could be a good poster boy if he can work out the kinks in his personality. But that Saitama guy. For a Class B, he had guts." He grabs his phone and calls an executive. "Get me the test results for the rookie hero Saitama." With how important he is to the Hero Association when it comes to picking new heroes, less than an hour later he had the file. The guys' written test results were average enough, and overall not too impressive. Then he looked at his physical test results and questioned whether or not he was somehow high. "What the fuck." Slowly enough, a smile spread across his face. Decent head on his shoulders, breaking records and looking suave the whole time? Saitama may very well be the perfect hero. And Amai Mask plans to keep an eye on him.