Chapter 14

Fubuki hasn't come by in a little under a week. It's both concerning and intriguing. There were others that had more extreme reactions to her disappearance. "If she abandons her training this early then she is not worth your time Master."
Saitama waves generically. "I'm sure she has her reasons. I really should have gotten her number though."
Genos opts to concede the point. "As you say, Master." Suddenly his cellphone rings. "Yes? City J? That's quite far. Are there no other competent heroes nearby?" Saitama narrows his eyes in concerned suspicion. If they were calling a Class S then this was serious. "Master, that monster you defeated the other day, did it call itself one of the Seafolk?"
Saitama already has his gloves on. "Where is it and how soon do we need to get there?"

Running through the streets to City J, Saitama notices the storm clouds brewing. 'That's probably a bad omen or something.' He calls out to Genos. "How much farther is it?"
"We're almost there, but I'm not picking up any readings. I will scout ahead and confirm their location." The cyborg puts all his thrust into his mad dash for City J and leaves Saitama behind.
"Hey! Damnit Genos, you need to slow down." He settles for following the sound of the threat level announcements.

He runs through the streets of City J and it starts to rain slightly. "Well that's just perfect." Thankfully be comes across a few monsters of various ocean aesthetics. "Finally." He whistles to get their attention. "I want to talk to your boss!"
One of them scoffs. "You will demand nothing bipedal scum. Crush him!" Each monster dashes at him with intent to kill, and Saitama winds back a lazy fist to destroy them when a light whistling signals the end of the first monster. "What the?" There's more whistling as each monster before Saitama drops dead with a hole through their brains. Saitama follows the sound with his eyes to see a bullet coated in a deep green glow.

He follows the bullet and it soon ends up in the hands of Fubuki, who had undergone quite the makeover. Her black dress and fur coat had been replaced with a simple black leotard, and her shoes are now combat boots. But the biggest change was her choice of accessories. Two ammo belts draped over her chest in an X, each one holding two rows of bullets each. "You took my lessons to heart I see."
Leaping dawn from the building she'd been standing on, she lands on the sidewalk gently by using her ESPer abilities. "You bet. Did you know that my guys do karaoke every week? I didn't. Talking to them made me realise how shit of a leader I was being, only ever talking to them about work. After all that I started trying new things with my powers. Hence, the bullets. Got the idea from watching a few of the upper class heroes using guns. What do you think?"
Saitama glances at the corpses. "Well, you took down four tiger, maybe demon level monsters on yoor own in about five seconds." He pats her shoulder with a smile. "So I think you're doing good."
That practically gets Fubuki to vibrate with happiness. "Then let's go! I'm feeling good for the first time in forever, and I want it to last."
"An incredibly sad but fair enough statement. Let's go find everyone else."

Thankfully they soon get an alert from Genos, simply reading "Elevated energy levels" and the coordinates, with the duo making a mad dash in that direction. Thankfully they meet Genos on the way there. "Some friendly advice Genos, DON'T DISAPPEAR IN THE MIDDLE OF A CRISIS!"
Genos nods at his master's words. "Understood Master. I will be more patient in the future. Blizzard, I see you are here as well."
"Course I am. No way in hell I'm missing this."
Saitama gives her a look. "Was that supposed to be a pun?"
"Saitama!"

The conversation is interrupted by Saitama grabbing the leg of a familiar (yet weirdly naked) ninja. Saitama scowls at the feminine man. "You again?" He slams him into the cement repeatedly. "You need to learn to cool it!" With the ninja unconscious and sufficiently roughed up, Saitama holds him out to Fubuki, who holds him with her powers. "Class A criminal, goes by Speed of Sound Sonic. Very dangerous, don't let him go."
Fubuki looks at the ninja in her grasp. 'Speed of Sound Sonic? How redundant.'

When they finally find one of the seafolk, it is less than pleasant. Several heroes defeated and in the middle of the evacuation shelter. Saitama, Blizzard and Genos stand in the hole that was made in the roof by one of the monster's attacks. "Yo, fishstick! You wanna fight?!"
The fish monster looks up at them with a horrifying face. "What's this? More heroes? How delightful. I look forward to culling each of you."
Saitama stares down the fish creature. "Genos, Blizzard, I'll let you two take this. I want to see how you handle this guy. I'll take Sonic."
Genos is confident. "Yes Master."
And Fubuki is riding an adrenaline high. "You got it boss."

The fight starts off pretty intense, with Blizzard and Genos using a combined attack of an incendiary cannon and a psychic blast that rocketed the so-called Deep Sea King out of the shelter. Genos was the first to let down his guard, but was pushed out of the way by Fubuki, who managed to see the shrunken king incoming. Good thing too. Looked like they guy would have lost an arm. Blizzard calls out to the guy while civilians run away. "Hey, why'd you get smaller!?"
The Sea King laments his smaller stature. "An unfortunate effect of the dry air up here. No matter. I was more than powerful enough to defeat the one who called himself Puri Puri Prisoner." That sentence sets off danger signals in the duo's brains. A fact the Sea King caught on to. "Ah, that means something. Good. Then you know resistance is meaningless."

Genos speaks with Blizzard while the Sea King watches his prey with interest. "Blizzard, I have a plan. He may be powerful, but if we work together we can defeat him. I will keep him dried out with my incendiary attacks, while you make an attempt to destroy him in any way you can."
Fubuki nods resolutely, her calming techniques being the only thing stopping Tornado from coming in and destroying everything. "Yes senpai."

The plan works... to an extent. With Genos' strongest attack, he dries out the Sea King completely, and makes sure he stays that way while Blizzard uses every single bullet she has to turn him into Swiss cheese. When the monster collapses, there's a moment of silence, before everyone erupts into cheers. "How pitiful."
They all go silent as the Sea King gets up, the holes in his body sealing shut. Then came the beat down.

It could only be described as a massacre, with the Sea King beating Genos and Blizzard without cease, even ripping off Genos' arms at one point. The two are left beaten, bloody and defeated. But even as cops dread settles in her stomach, Fubuki refuses to let any of it slip through her connection. And she rises. Genos questions such an action. "Blizzard, what are you doing? We cannot win."
Even with her body shaking, she refuses to fall. "I know that. But even if I die, I'm happy to die knowing I didn't back down from a goldfish." She promptly spits on the Sea King's foot, blood mixing with the saliva. If she dies, she dies with dignity. No one, not even Tatsumaki can take that away.

"You're nothing but annoyances, but I give you credit for managing to scratch me and your stubbornness."
He winds back a steadily growing fist as he rehydrates, but is stopped when someone calls out to him. "So do I." The Sea King turns to see Saitama approaching him. "As cinematic as that death would be, I much prefer you alive, Fubuki. You, however, my fishy friend, I can do without."
The Sea King regards Saitama curiously. "Really? I've demolished several of your strongest fighters, so what do you think makes you different?"
Saitama only smirks. "Why don't you hit me and find out?"

And hit him he did. Saitama was sent flying by the first hit, going through a building or two. Deep Sea King turns back to the now shocked Fubuki. "Where were we?"
"We're not done yet." Eyes widening, Deep Sea King looks to the partially collapsed building to see Saitama emerging unharmed. "I've eaten calamari that hits harder than you." Saitama lets himself get hit over and over again, never once being fazed by any attack sent his way. "This is getting sad fish boy." He catches Deep Sea King's fists, pulling him and and head butting him, leaving the monster dazed. Saitama grabs him by the foot and slams him into the ground before whispering to him. "Find me in City Z if you want to make both our lives easier." He takes a few steps back, gets a running start and kicks Deep Sea King away like a scaly football.

Saitama strides over to his students. "Are you guys ok?"
Fubuki nods. "Yes, but," she bows her head in shame, "we lost. I'm sorry master."
"Are you kidding? I'm proud of you guys."
Fubuki looks up in surprise. "You are?"
Saitama helps Genos to his feet. "Of course I am. That plan you guys had was brilliant. If it weren't for his regeneration, it would have been an easy victory. You took what I taught you and applied it full force. I couldn't be more proud." Fubuki's eyes fill with tears and she hugs Saitama. "Woah." Saitama hesitates, but returns to gesture. "You know what, Genos, get in here." He pulls Genos into the hug, despite the cyborg not having arms.