Chapter 13

Fubuki took the news about how Saitama runs his city a lot worse than King did. "What?!" She looks out the window as various monsters roam the street. "You just let monsters live here? Are you nuts!?"
Genos is quick to leap to Saitama's aid. "How do you accuse Master of such a thing! He is 100% of sound mind and body!"
Fubuki turns to King. "Surely you can't support this, right?"
King doesn't budge. "I stand by Saitama on this one."
Her gaze darts between the three people before her and she groans. "Fine. But I have some questions." She points at King. "Like why is the strongest man on earth the disciple to a Class B hero?"
King chuckles. "You think I just woke up a hero? He taught me everything I know. And believe me," his face becomes scary "whatever you think my power level to be, his is a thousand times greater." The idea of someone being stronger than the one who's been dubbed as the strongest man on earth has tremors wracking Fubuki's body. But they didn't necessarily originate from fear.
'I'm being taught by the guy who mentored King!? I've hit the jackpot!' Her expression breaks into a wide smile. "What do you want me to do Master?"
Saitama crosses his arms with a smirk. "Well, since you're so eager, let's jump right into training."

When Saitama said "training" Fubuki thought that  he might have her lift several things at once, maybe big things or even try to help her focus. She didn't think he meant training training. Decked out in full training gear, Fubuki is in the middle of push-ups on Saitama's balcony. "This isn't exactly what I had in mind for training. I'm an ESPer you know. What do I need strength training for?"
Saitama, watching from his chair, sips on some tea. "Strength of body is strength of mind. Silverfang told me that. Besides, if you're a one trick pony, you're guaranteed to die at some point."
That last part is not what Fubuki focuses on. "You know Silverfang!? What, are you gym buddies with Darkshine? Do you have tea with Flash?"
Saitama tuts at her questions. "So demanding." Fubuki at least has enough dignity to blush at having that pointed out. "But no, I don't know any of the other Class S heroes. Just Silverfang, Genos and King." That puts Fubuki deep in thought. How powerful was this guy to get a whole city of monsters under control along with three Class S heroes? The thought of being trained by someone on that level filled her with glee. She quickly redoubles her efforts with the push-ups.

The day after, Saitama is doing normal shopping when he comes upon an octopus monster doing a monologue. "Humans, if you wish to avoid becoming nourishment, take heed! I bear a message from the great depths!" Oh, he's just the messenger? This should be interesting. The monster soon notices him. "What a head! Are you related to an octopus?" That gets a laugh out of the monster and a bulging vein from Saitama.
"If you're the messenger, then I have a message for your boss." In the blink of an eye he had all the monster's tentacles in his grip and he started spinning and released him like a hammer throw, sending him flying towards the ocean. "Stay in the water, dickhead!"

In the midst of Fubuki's training, Genos gives Saitama the good news. "Master, it appears that your popularity has risen, and you have gone from rank 32 to 27."
Saitama shrugs, not really caring about ranking. "That's pretty sweet I suppose. What do you think Fubuki?"
"It's great Master. But why is King sitting on my back?" True to her word, King was indeed sitting on her back while she did her push ups for the day.
"We're trying to find an upper limit to your body. Just be glad I gave you the lightest out of the three of us." Fubuki's arms begin to shake as Saitama continues. "Anyway, I've been looking into the history of your group.  Not exactly a lot of monsters under your belt. And the reason seems to be Tornado showing up every single time. Any reason for that?"
Fubuki snarls at the reminder. "My sister can sense when I'm in danger, and she always comes and kills the monster before we can. It pisses me off."
Saitama frowns at that. "I can see why. Why does she do it?"
Her rage ever present, her push-ups become more determined. "She thinks I'm weak and can't handle monsters like she can. She always goes on and on about how clinging to my group makes me weak and how friends are all pieces of shit."

Saitama ponders this. "Sounds lonely. Does this danger sense thing trigger when you're in a fight or after you get hurt?"
"I think it's fear. She only shows up after I realize I'm out of my depth."
Saitama scoffs. "If I saved Genos every time he started struggling, he'd never get any better, hell, he might even get worse."
Fubuki's face darts up to face him. "Right? That's what I keep saying." Her arms wobble as her focus drops. "Oh crap." She collapses to the floor, and King promptly gets off.
Saitama strokes his chin in thought. "Try learning calming techniques. If she only shows up after you start worrying, then being able to remain calm under pressure will help keep her off your back. And go back to your group and try to connect with them each on a personal level if you can. I've noticed your strategy is limited to gang tactics. Try finding quirky and unique ways to handle their powers and how well they work together."
Fubuki bows. "Yes Master."
"I've also noticed that your own techniques are... lacking."

Fubuki clenches her fists at her sides. "I already know I'm weak."
"That's not what I meant. Your power levels are fine, and can be improved over time. It's how you use that power that I find disappointing." At Fubuki's confused look he continues. "You're always copying your sister, which is understandable to an extent, but it's just pathetic at this point. I wouldn't consider her to be a good role model. I want you to apply what I've said about your group to yourself. Think outside the box, get creative, experiment with new ideas. Getting inspiration from someone else is always a good way to get a new idea, but straight up copy pasting someone else over the top of you is always a terrible idea and can only end badly. Don't try to be better than your sister. Try to be better than yourself as you were yesterday."
A resolute fire burning in her eyes, Fubuki nods. "Yes Master!"