Chapter 9

Less than a week after they had registered, the main duo spent the time getting used to the new living situation. Genos had taken one of the guest rooms. Saitama was reading a book written by someone claiming to be the strongest man on earth. A Class S hero called King. Saitama couldn't help but notice something. It was all complete bullshit. Every word was so vague and the few specific instances that were mentioned gave Saitama déjà vu. Closing the book, Saitama rises from his chair. "Genos, we're going out."
"Yes master." The cyborg puts away his notebook.
"What were you writing?"
"I was cataloging your teachings master."
"Let me see." Saitama takes the book and flips through a few pages. "This is just me relaxing." He closes the book with a sigh. "Genos, refrain from taking notes or analyzing stuff unless it's a fight or a lesson I'm actively teaching."
"Yes master."

The two walk through the street on a patrol. "Why are we on patrol on your day off master? If there is a monster they will inform you via your communicator."
"Eh, didn't get one. I prefer my own phone. Besides, a hero doesn't wait to get a call to stop people from getting hurt. And no that's not a lesson, it's just my opinion."
"Saitama!"
"Huh?" Saitama catches a kunai between two fingers and gets annoyed. "You again? Really?"
Genos tenses up after the appearance of Sonic. "Who are you, and why did you attack my master?"'
Saitama groans. "He's that ninja guy I told you about." He loosens the muscles in his shoulder. "This will only take a second." He makes the come-at-me motion. "Bring it you Sasuke wannabe."

Sonic didn't hesitate, using his top speed to get near Saitama and swing his sword into his face. Only for Saitama to turn his head and bite the thing, shattering it into pieces. This got whispers starting in the crowd. "Is that the new Class S hero Genos? Why is he just standing there?"
"Forget that, did that bald guy just bite a sword?"
Saitama takes the opportunity to psyche out the ninja. 'Here's to hoping my stomach is as strong as the rest of me.' Saitama sucks the metal chunks between his teeth into his mouth, chewing slowly before swallowing, eyeballing Sonic the whole time.
"I take that back. Did that bald guy just EAT a sword?!"

Sonic leaps back, looking shocked at this turn of events. "What's the matter Sonic? I thought you wanted to prove you were better than me? Well? I'm waiting." This gets a reaction out of Sonic, who darts around on various cars and tries to get Saitama from behind. It doesn't end well, with Saitama merely side stepping the attack and chopping Sonic on the back of the head, leaving him unconscious. "I wonder what rank criminal you are?"

"Master, I've noticed we haven't followed normal patrol patterns. Am I correct in assuming we are going somewhere?"
"Yep. We're paying a visit to someone very special." They stop at a regular apartment complex. "This should be it."
Genos' eyes widen. "This is the home of Class S rank 7 hero King!"
Saitama nods and puts his hands on his pockets. "Stay here. I won't be a minute. And before you start timing me, it's a figure of speech."

Saitama knocks on the door to the apartments "Yo King, open up."
The door opens to a blonde scar faced man with a scary face. "Who are you, and what do you want?"
"I'm here to call you out on your bullshit."
"Pardon?"
Saitama looks around. "Why don't we discuss this inside?"

The two heroes sit across from each other, staring each other down as the King Engine rumbles. "What did you mean outside? Have you come for revenge for your criminal friends?"
"No. You're not a real hero are you?"
"I'M A FRAUD!" Faster than even Saitama could register, the infamous King was on his hands and knees. "I'm not a hero, I'm just some otaku loser with bad luck. Whenever there was a monster I would just close my eyes and when I opened them the monster was dead, and it just kept happening and then I was made a Class S hero and I didn't know what to do! Please don't kill me!"

Saitama blinks slowly as the situation sinks in. He barely said four sentences to the guy and he'd been reduced to a crying mess. It actually made him feel kinda bad for the guy. He pats King on the shoulder. "Easy, I'm not gonna kill you. Mostly because I don't condone murder."
King snuggles as he sits on the couch. "You should. Impersonating a Class S hero is probably something that will land me in Smelly Lid Prison, and I refuse to be one of Puri Puri Prisoner's victims!"
"Ok you have a point there." King sobs. "But there's still hope. We just need to think of a solution." Saitama rubs his chin in thought. "You can't quit. You've been a hero for less than three years and people would freak out. Can't tell the truth for obvious reasons. Hmmm." He snaps his fingers. "I got it!" He leaps to his feet and points at King. "I'll make you my disciple!"
King stares blankly up at Saitama. "... What?"

One Punch Bossजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें