Chapter 11

"How did you get this in my house?" What King was referring to was the high tech, borderline sci-fi gyroscope in the middle of his living room.
"Don't question it." Saitama gently taps the side. "This bad boy will help you become a real hero. I had a friend of a friend build it. It's very similar to a VR type thing. You sit in it, put the headset on, and use the controls on the arms of the chair part to come from a robot replica of yourself. The robot is all decked out, made to be super tough and strong, and there's even a button that makes the King Engine sound. It even stimulates the muscles as the robot moves around, so while you're doing hero work, you're also staying fit. Try it."

King steps into the device, putting the headset on and readying his hands at the controls. The tv in the room turns on, showing the video feed from the drone. "Wow, or almost feels like I'm really there."
Saitama nods, despite the fact that King can't see him. "I know. My friend adjacent pulled out all the stops. Try finding a monster." Soon enough King finds a monster that his HUD labeled as a wolf level threat. "Ok, now since this is your first time you should try and slowly get used to the-" the monster is already dead "controls. How did you do that?"
"These controls are very intuitive."
"Intuitive my ass, you're just good at video games."

After King had finished his patrol, he had the robot return to a secret hideaway where it would charge. It was solar powered and the battery would last a week on half a charge, but you can never be too careful. Taking off the headset, King smiles up at Saitama, who asks the million dollar question. "How does being a real
hero feel?"
King chuckles. "Awesome."

Saitama does his hero patrols in City Q with a smile on his face. He had just received a text from Genos that the lucky cyborg had moved up a rank, and Saitama himself had moved from rank 50 to 32. Not too bad. King is growing into being a real hero and Genos is slowly moving up the ranks. He couldn't be more proud of his students. He's brought out of his happy thoughts by someone calling to him. "Are you Saitama?"
Turning, he sees the infamous Blizzard Of Hell being flanked by two goons. "Depends. Are you here to recruit me or crush me?"
Fubuki is startled by the questions and looks around to see if anyone heard that, sighing in relief when they didn't appear to react. "Let's discuss this in private."
Saitama smirks, seeing an opportunity. "How about my place?" He discreetly sends an alert to City Z to say that there's a blizzard incoming.