D Part 20

(I do not own the images to these stories.)
******************************************
It had been a week since Eve had woken up from her coma, and she was bored out of her mind. When friends and family weren't visiting her, she pretty much just laid in bed. Once in a while one of the nurses would walk with her down the hallways, to keep the circulation going in her legs. But it was only because they had to, it was obvious by the way they practically ignored her. She knew they hated her, because they desired Malcolm.

Her thoughts then turned to her upcoming nuptials. They were only a couple of months away. She thought she had more time, but being in the coma took two months out of her life. Would they have to postpone it? Or maybe even cancel it? Perhaps their near-death experience had really changed Malcolm. Maybe he wouldn't try and force her to marry him. Ironically, if he ended up making that sacrifice, a part of her would like to get to know this new Malcolm all over again.

Then again, it could all be an act; just like before. Malcolm was a master manipulator and knew how to use his crocodile tears. Was he doing it again or had he really changed?  His act from before had convinced her to fall in love with him in the first place. And it was what led to her planning her fairytale dream wedding. Although it really wasn't her dream wedding, it was his. Everything was planned for her down to the tiniest detail, including her wedding dress.

She remembered when she and her mother went down to the bridal salon to look at dresses. She was excited by the fact that Malcolm had booked an appointment with one of the most exclusive bridal stores in the world. But when she got there, she found out that shewas only there for a fitting. Much to her disappointment, Malcolm had already picked out her wedding dress for her. Eve had always dreamed of going shopping with her mother for a bridal gown, and it was yet another dream he had taken away from her.

Not that the dress he picked out for her wasn't absolutely stunning; far from it. In fact, most girls would have dreamed of such an elaborate dress. It was a long sleeve off the shoulder gown. Instead of a traditional white wedding dress, Malcom had chosen a light golden satin one. It was covered from head to toe in Swarovski crystals, adorned with a matching veil. As Eve tried it on, and walked out of the fitting room, her mother began to cry.

 As Eve tried it on, and walked out of the fitting room, her mother began to cry

"Oh Eve, you look so beautiful."

True, the gown would have put any Disney princess to shame. But it just wasn't her. She remembered the dress that she had seen in a bridal magazine when she and Adam had become engaged. It was a long tightly silhouetted silk white gown that was covered in white lace. The top was a sweetheart neckline, while the arms were mid sleeve and only covered in lace. That was the dress she wanted.