thirteen

A groaning escaped the girl's mouth as she opened her eyes, finding herself lying in a hospital bed

A groaning escaped the girl's mouth as she opened her eyes, finding herself lying in a hospital bed. She looked confused at her surroundings, noticing her wrist was plugged to a heartbeat monitor.
Sana winced as she directly looked into the eyes of the boy sitting on the small chair next to her bed. It was her brother. Park Jiho.
Her brother she hasn't seen for a while now.

"How are you feeling?"
Jiho asked, standing up to pat his younger sister's head. Her hair was wet through all the the sweat she had on her forehead before.
"My chest hurts. But i'm okay"
Sana replied weak, trying to smile at the boy although her head was buzzing.

"I'm glad to hear although I know you're not okay"
Jiho chuckled at Sana, feeling her forehead which was pretty warm.

"What happened? How did I come here?"
Sana wanted to know, not knowing why she suddenly woke up in the hospital a few minutes ago. She remembered feeling dizzy in her room, after that her vision was black.

"You fainted in your apartment. A guy called Sim Jaeyun brought you here on time.
But he had to leave since only relatives are allowed to stay here currently. So they called me"

Sana's eyes widened as she heard the name of the boy. Jake.
She remembered working on the project with him but her heart hurted so bad, she passed out.
"Do you know the guy?" She opened suprised her eyes as she heard Jiho asking.

"Oh uhm yes I do. We met up before in my apartment since we are in a class togetehr and need to build a model" Sana explained, changing her sitting position.

"Oh okay"

"Have you heard anything of him?" Sana asked curiously. She wanted to let him knoe she was okay. Probably she should tell him about her illness. Jake probably wanted to know why she passed out a few hours before.

"No. I'm sorry" Sana's smile faded slowly away by her brother's response.
She hoped to be at least told if he called or something. If he would have called, they would probably have told her brother, but they didn't.

Sana winced by the cracking of the door being opened by Doctor Chim.
The doc who took care of her since she was born.

"Oh, you're awake Mr. Park" He widened his eyes in surprise as he saw the girl lying in her bed with eyes open. She looked pale and still pretty sweaty.

"So, when you're awake, I take the chance to explain your current condition, Ms. and Mr. Park.
You haven't been here in a while although a checkup wouldn't have been unnecessary.
Ms. Park, I'm sorry but your heart is getting worse instead of better.
This time it was much pressure on your heart which caused your body not being able to continue working so you passed out. After we did another checkup tomorrow morning, you can go home again.
But we need you to come back in 3 weeks for an update checkup. It's pretty important, for you and your health"
The doctor explained while prove his explanation with pictures on the monitors right behind him. He looked in the girl's eyes, trying to convey his request to her.