Preparations for melting the Duke's heart

After the farewell to Ijekiel Jennette went to Roger's carriage and sat down peacefully.

Roger: Jennette you must be tired right? You should go to your room and take some rest after we reach home ok?

Jennette: Ok uncle, but what about you? You sound like you'll be going somewhere.

Roger's brows slightly widen.

Roger: Uh..yes I'll be out for tonight and I'll come tomorrow morning.

Jennette: Ooou......Uncle! Thankyou for always taking care of Jennette! I'm really happy!(smiled brightly)

Roger's eyes were fully widen now.

Roger: Ahm, no it's alright you're my niece afterall.

Jennette in her mind: *chuckle* He must have never expected, that Jennette would be Thanking him for everything he has done for her. Like ofcourse, who on earth will expect some sort of gratitude from a kid especially who is 6-7 years old, right?

Jennette: Um.. Uncle can I ask you for something?

Roger: Hmm, What is it?

Jennette: N-no! Not now.

Roger: What do you mean?

Jennette: I mean I'll ask you about the 'thing' when the right time comes. So don't refuse me ok? Uncle.

Roger: Hmm, Only when I feel like it's within my capabilities.

Jennette: Ok!

****(They reach home)

Jennette is inside her room.

Jennette in her mind: Ok, now, I asked him about the 'something' but even I don't know what that 'something' is. Ijekiel is gone and I'm lonely here. I have to make some plans also because just in case if the Duke have a change of heart and kick me out of here after that bastard Claude refuse to accept me then what will happen? What if he is kinda out of character from the manhwa and really does kicks me out of here and Ijekiel does not help me  then what?! *Gasp* I'll have no place go, I'll come to the streets and have to beg on the road for food!! No!!no!no, no...no..I can't live like that once more...*sigh* let's calm down Jennette nothing will happen to you. Let's make plans!

Jennette takes a pen and her (Jennette's) diary.

Jennette: Ok, so, first of all I have to melt the Duke's heart and become very close to him in other words I have to make our relationship like that of father and daughter. But the main question is-

Lucas: How are you going to do this?

Jennette: Yes, correct how should I do this?

• • •

Jennette: What are you doing here jackass???!!! (Sudden realisation of his presence)

Lucas: Ouch! My eardrums.

Jennette: Y-you!

Maid: My lady! Is everything ok? You are scr-

Jennette: Yup! I'm fine please don't open the door! I'm doing something! Lady maid!

Maid: Oh my, what an innocent child *chuckle*. Ok if you say so!

Jennette: Thankyou so much Lady maid!

Jennette turns to Lucas who was laying on her bed.

Jennette: Now, why on earth you're here? (She glared)

Lucas: *yawn* I was bored ofcourse, our Princess always study like hell, she is just a kid and is studying for no reason. She should play with a cute guy like me and spent her precious time with-

Jennette: Ofcourse she isn't a Jackass like you Lucas dear. You, who'd waste all of his time talking all big of himself like some arrogant brat. She came from a different world so it's normal and necessary for her to study and know about the history of this new place.

Lucas: Hah! Ofcourse, afterall I have the capabilities to do anything I can!

Jennette: *sigh* There's really no point talking to you.

Lucas: Huh!?

Jennette: So, when are u heading back to your place?

Lucas: When I feel like. Ofcourse.

Jennette: Huh!? Wait what if you feel like living here for a day? Then what!?

Lucas: Then I will not leave. Isn't it obvious?

Jennette: No way! Just get out of here! I need to make my plans in peace so it'll be better if you leave.

Lucas: Huh? Ok, go on even I want to know how are you going to 'melt the Duke's heart'.

Jennette: W-what? You want to know what?

Lucas: Know you plannings.

Jennette: *sigh* I have no choice then. Just make sure you're not making any noise or create distraction for me ok.

Lucas: I don't mind.

Jennette in mind: *sigh* Now let's get back to the plannings.

Jennette: Hmm ok, I now know that in order to save myself from begging on the streets I'll have to be in a good father- daughter relationship with Uncle Roger. But the main point is how on earth am I going to do that?

Lucas: Hmm I wonder what Chimera's mother was like?

Jennette: Uh...you mean Penelo- wait! What did you just say!?

Lucas: H-huh? C-Chimera-

Jennette: No! After that!

Lucas: M-mother?

Jennette: Yes! Yes! Mother!

Lucas: H-huh?

Jennette in her mind: Yes! This will work! Didn't thought Lucas would ever be a great help. Just like Athanasia, I will act, dress and be more like Ijekiel's late mother, the late duchess and the late wife of the Duke.

Jennette: Thanks, Lucas.

With this Jennette went out of her room.

Lucas: She is wierder than the princess.

Ok, so I take my words back from the last ch. It might take 1or2 more chps to have time skip (⁠〒⁠﹏⁠〒⁠) so please wait till then. I'm really, really excited for the part when our Jennette will meet Anastacius but.....(⁠ب⁠_⁠ب⁠) Idk when I'm going to get that part. Ok now byee have to go(⁠◠⁠‿⁠・⁠)⁠—⁠☆.