Time to melt the Duke's heart

Jennette pov:

Finally. Sigh I'm nervous really, REALLY nervous. Yesterday since Roger had to go out for some work I used it as an opportunity to know more about his beloved wife Selviana Delthi. I managed to get some information but the more I think about it the more I doubt whether it will affect him or not. Today, I mean now, its morning and also the time for our little tea party. (I had to beg him to have a tea party with me) And I'm currently going to the garden. Oh it's here! Smile Jennette you can do it!

I opened the door.

Jennette: Uncle! Good morning!

Here my uncle Roger was looking as dashing as ever but that bored expression on his face made him instantly unattractive.

Roger: Jennette how lon-

He turned to me and saw me, he's eyes widened a little while looking at me. I was wearing a white cute frock and a swan brooch in it which was made by our jackass Lucas (ofc I had to force him).

I think the brooch worked. Does it remind Roger of his late wife?

Jennette: Is everything okay uncle?

I asked innocently.

Roger snapped.

Roger: N-nothing. Ahem come sit let's have the tea and finish it I have too much work to do.

Jennette: yes uncle.

I went towards the sit and sat opposite to my uncle. He stared at my brooch.

Roger: You...where did you find this brooch Jennette?

What the hell!? I didn't thought he was so blunt!

Jennette: Huh? T-this? I...uh-this..t-this was a gift!

I said hesitantly and panickingly.

Roger: Gift? From whom?

Jennette: uh..that..i-its from my personal maid..Sharlot..

Roger: Maid? Hmm.....okay...

Jennette: Is there any problem with this brooch uncle?

Roger: No. Nothing. It's just.....this brooch reminds me of someone.

Damn he's so blunt

Jennette: Remind? Who uncle?

Roger: No one. Let's finish this tea up.

He won't open up.

Jennette: Y-yes uncle as you wish.

Slurp

Silence

This is getting really awkward he is just having a tea in this dead silence!!! can't he just ask about how he's niece is doing??????!!

Jennette: U-uncle you are looking very s...s-shiney! Just like sun!

He's eyes widened a tiny bit.

Roger: Shiney? What do you mean?

Jennette: W-what I mean is...a..how should I put it....yes! You're like a sky's sun! Even though you don't laugh and don't talk much but still you're always shining just like a sun!

Oh my god so cringe!!

Roger: Is that so?

Jennette: yes!

Roger: But Jennette.....you could've just compared me with stars why did you choose sun?

Fuck...why does it even matter!!!???