Chapter 15.5 - A Struggling World

Meanwhile, in another universe

Maruis (Earth/Jupiter), United States of Pollyon, Presidential Castle

"I see... Thank you for your time."

A Sapient Bald Eagle in a blue suit and black bow tie hang-up before placing the telephone back in its port, he leaned back against his chair, his wings tightening behind his back due to frustration as he rubbed one of his sharp claws against his forehead and massaging to ease the pain building up.

Ever since the past few days, the disappearance of the second continental superpower, the Greater Empire of Pangea.

In a state of panic, the rest of the world lost one of their major supplier of oil. Many nations' economies plummeted due to sudden inflation and are now looking for a permanent oil supplier since Pangea holds 86% of the oil market on the entire planet.

The members of the LFN (League of Free Nations), held a meeting recently regarding the disappearance of their contact with the Pangeans and the loss of half of the Pangean Satellites orbiting, including the Pangean crew of the ICSS (Intercontinental Space Station).

The Bald Eagle looked at his table to see the displayed contents of images from their satellites and drones, seeing the lush forest and rivers of the Pangean Continent. It's very mysterious that they, the Pangeans, disappeared without a trace, and their entire territory was replaced by Mother Nature like the civilization never existed and returned back to its natural state.

"Losing an important ally is very concerning." He mumbled while closing his eyes, sighing deeply.

As he thinks about many possible outcomes of such phenomenal events,

Then, a knock was heard.

"Come in!" The Bald Eagle ordered without taking a single glance at the door as he continued to massage his forehead.

The door opened, revealing a dark-haired white human in a suit who entered while holding a transparent tablet that displayed different schedules for the day.

"Mr. President. The leaders of the L.F.N. are waiting for you." The Bald Eagle's secretary remained with him.

The sapient Avian nodded in acknowledgment before finally gazing at the human, "I'll be there in ten minutes." He said.

With that, the human closed the door gently, leaving the Eagle alone to himself.

Finally, he stood up from his chair and ensured he looked presentable in front of the other World Leaders. With that, he left the room.

Walking down the hallway of the presidential castle while occasionally greeting the people along the way.

After reaching the conference room with his secretary waiting for him at the entrance, the human in a suit greeted him.

"Good morning, Mr. President, Jacob."

The sapient Bald Eagle, known as President Jacod, greeted in return.

"Good morning, as well to you. Secretary, Romua." President Jacob greeted with a smile, "Are they ready?" The eagle added.

Romua nodded before answering, "Yes, sir. They are waiting as we speak."

Nodding to his secretary, President Jacob, before entering the conference room. The room itself is very large, with rows of tables and chairs, instead, those who are seated on the empty chairs are just mere holographic projections as blue hues light up the interior of the room, revealing each of the 70 world leaders, representing their respective nations while wearing in their traditional clothing, gowns, and suits.