Six: Moving On?

A Week Later :

When Elena got a text from Giuseppe about her helping him it made her more scared than ever. She never wanted Damon hurt, she wants him safe and she hopes that staying away from him will do something. she is freaking out.

Damon hasn't tried to text her and she thinks he has moved on from her and it makes her sad because she never thought this would be happening, he almost died and now they aren't together.

Elena didn't know where he lived and she thought he lived in Whitemore or something. Damon lived in another town it was two hours away and they didn't tell Elena because he needs to move on from Mystic Falls and they would do anything.

Elena is in class and she is bored out of her mind, she hasn't been herself since Damon and Stefan have left and she is feeling scared because Giuseppe she knows she is on his list next. Her phone goes off and it's from Stefan.

Stefan: Please come to Riverwood, Damon is a mess and I know you are a mess too, Caroline has been very worried about you, because she is telling me everything.

Elena sighs, and texts back. She had a feeling this was going to happen.

Elena: I'll be there at lunch.

Elena sighed, Elena knew Damon and she had to talk or solve what was going between them or what would happen?

Elena gets out of the car and she is at Damon and Stefan's house she sighs and knocks on the door and Damon opens the door. When he sees Elena, his eyes widen and Elena standing there awkwardly, Damon grabs Elena and pulls her close, "I missed you, so much. What are you doing here, though?" He asks, more confused while pulling away from the hug. 

Elena looks into his eyes and she starts to tear up and he wipes them "Damon I should be staying away from you "Elena says as but she knew that was the last thing she wanted. She loved him so much even though she was in so much pain right now.

Damon gives her a what the heck, look. He grabs her hand, "Then why did you come here? Tell me to move on? I'm not moving on because you are the only person I want to be with and why are you pushing me away, after everything we've been through?" He asks and he meant every word he said because she was his everything.

Elena starts crying, "I'm doing this because I love you and I don't want to hurt you, any more and you should move on, I'm sorry." Elena says while having tears rolling down her cheeks.

Damon runs his fingers through his hair "I guess this is it, then Goodbye, Lena." He says and he walks back inside, once he walks in the side, he felt is heartbroken and it will never be the same.

Later that day:

Damon is at the bar and he is wasted and a girl is checking him out and he is drinking away like no tomorrow and the girl walks up to him and sits on the next  stool, "Hey, your Damon right?" She asks while looking right at him and smiling.

Damon doesn't know who she knows his name, but he feels creeped out, "Yes I am, but how do you know my name?" He asks as he tries to forget all about his problems.

The red hairy girl starts smiling at him, "I know everything when people move that's my job, to know. I'm Sage." He nods, and she could tell something was off about him, "Are you okay?" She asks touching his arm, his blue eyes snapped up as looked at her.

Damon looks at her hand when she touches him, "My girlfriend broke up with me to keep me safe and I feel miserable because she wants me to get over her and I don't want to get over her." He says while refiling his glass.