Eight: Life Changing

Three  Days Later:

 Elena is still in the hospital since she got injured by Sage and s worried because he feels like she is never going to wake up. He's been there the entire time; he hasn't gone home or even showered.

Damon is sitting in the chair, while his face is on the bed because he fell asleep and all of sudden he hears a voice and he wakes up and he turns and sees the doctor and Damon stands up and they walk out of the room.

Once they walk out of the room, Meredith sighs "Look, she has shot around on her side and we had to do surgery on her and  we think she will be sore, but fine." She says. Then,  walks away.

Damon goes back into Elena's room and he sees her waking up Damon smiles real wide and he rushes to her side " Elena are you okay, any pain?" Damon asks and she nods and grabs Damon and hugs him tightly.

 "I thought you were gone." He says while running his hands through her hair and she backs away leaving Damon confused "What's wrong?" He asks, confused.

Elena gulps a little "Who are you?" Elena asks and Damon's eyes widen and couldn't believe what was happening. 

 "It's Damon, you know your boyfriend." He says

 "No you're not I'm Katherine Pierce and I'm dating Stefan," Elena says, confident.

  Damon's eyes widen " No your Elena Gilbert." She shakes her head and Damon walks out of the door because he needed to figure out what was going on. 

 Damon sees Meredith and he walks up to her "She thinks, she is a different person and thinks she is dating someone else. Care to explain?" Damon asks, hurt and angry. 

 Meredith sighs, "She lost her memory, but she thinks she is someone because she has another personality, you just need to spend time with her, and then she will realize what is going on, it will take time. If you love her, wait for her, even if that means it will be a while, it's worth it. Damon nods and he looks at Elena and smiles at her, she is the best thing that ever happened to me and I know she's worth everything.

                                                Later that night:

Elena is asleep on her hospital bed and Damon is staring at her and then his phone buzzes, he takes out his phone and it's from someone he wasn't looking forward to seeing or talking to.

 Giuseppe: So sad, that your girlfriend is a different person now, maybe she will die before you know it. I hope so. Better not cross me again. 

Damon sighs, he knew he was never going to get rid of his dad. I guess he got out of jail, but I guess he is still in his life, but he needs to find a way to it could take years, but it needs to be stopped and he was going to do it when everything gets back to normal. 

Damon stares at Elena and he puts his hand on her cheek and he sighs, he wishes she could remember everything and it would be perfect again. Damon's eyes seem heavy and then he slowly closes his eyes and he smiles dreaming of the beautiful girl.

A couple of hours later:

Meredith walks in and finds Damon asleep on Elena's bed she smiles and she loves her, he would do anything for her, but the big question is will they find their way back to each other? Everyone knows if they are soul mates, they will do anything to be together and it's Damon and Elena, they have to find a way.

Elena slowly opens her eyes and she sees Damon asleep and she starts to smile a little and then she jumps up and he wakes up by her jumping and he looks at her confused and he touches her hand, "Are you okay?" He asks.