Cɦɑpteɾ 2

♪ Lose your grip, get stripped of your pride
Till you don't know how you're gonna stay alive ♪

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I was travelling for work which I will do a lot this year. There was a cute kid, with an even cuter dad who was mostly talking to the other row which made it difficult to see his face but the bit that I saw I think I recognized his face. He is his dad's spitting image, with green eyes, pretty brown hair, and dimples in his cute cheeks. The kid didn't talk but he was nice.

I left the airplane before they did. I had to wait for my ride in the Bologna airport so I could be taken to my hotel close to the circuit of the Grand Prix happening on the weekend. I work as an IT Support Engineer for Ferrari, I support the IT network within the team, and I keep the hardware and software okay, whether it be at the factory, head office, or even at the track side. I started this year which is exciting.

It is now my turn to go to the race and make sure nothing fails. There are two of us. I was in Monaco because that is where I live. I sat down in one of the available places and I put the phone down when I saw the car was half an hour away, that is just great.

I look to my right, and I see the kid from the plane, he is sitting by a chair, swinging his little legs innocently. His dad was nowhere close, neither was any adult. I took my suitcase and went to sit by his side.

"So, you don't talk. I have been informed. Can you just nod for me please?" I ask him and he nods in response. "That's great. Are you lost from your dad?"

The answer is hesitant but he nods his head once again and he looks up at me. His eyes were gorgeous. But something made me curious. He looks about 5, why doesn't he talk? Is he mute?

"Okay... And do you happen to know your daddy's phone number so I can call him to recollect his disappeared child?" I ask curiously and he nods.

He takes a phone out of his pocket and I chuckle.

"My name is Natalie. What's your name?" I try to get some information out of him, a word would be very good if I am being honest.

"Lucas." He whispers shyly and I smile. He is indeed cute, and not mute.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Lucas. Try not to get lost again, can you unlock the phone so I can call your daddy?"

He shakes his head showing me his phone was out of battery, which is unlucky.

"Well, that sucks. I guess I will stay with you until he shows up. Are you hungry? It was a three-hour flight."

I comment as I show him the sandwich I had left and his eyes shine as he nods. I don't usually love kids but this one, I kind of like him. He is a cutie.

"Are you allergic to something?" I ask as I give him the sandwich and he shakes his head.

"Merci." (Thank you.) He mutters as he picks up the sandwich taking a little bite.

I looked around and I saw the other guy who was accompanying them.

"Do you know the younger guy?" I ask before I call the wrong person, he nods and I get up. "HEY!" I yell and half the people look at me, including him, with a confused expression.

"Finally!" He exclaims when he looks to my right, running in our direction in the same second. He stopped in front of the small one as he confirmed everything was good with him.

He picked up his phone and called someone, the dad I would guess, describing where we were. He hangs up rather quickly as his hand is still on the little one's shoulder. Relief on his face.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! He has never done this, we were going nuts," he says completely appreciative and I shake my head.

"Don't worry about it, just let him finish the sandwich," I ask as I see two men arriving.

And that is when I see the father for more than a couple of seconds. Charles Leclerc, a driver for Ferrari. Fuck, how didn't my tired brain recognize this man? I was so focused on the kid that I missed the man who was the face of the team. I should stop working on planes.

"Are you okay mon prince?" Charles asks worriedly and his little version nods. He turns to me and I see the gratitude in his eyes. "Thank you so much!"

"No problem. I am glad I saw him and that he is fine," I say calmly.

I looked at my backpack, given by the team and I saw Charles's eyes follow the movement.

"Oh, I didn't notice that. Are you new on the team?" He asks curiously.

"Yes, I was hired 2 months ago for the IT department. I'm sorry, I should've recognized you sooner. Socializing with your kid was not a good move." I say nervously and he shakes his head.

"No. It's fine. I was mostly talking to my brothers so I get the thing, you seemed to be working most of the time too so it was an honest mistake. And thank you, not many people socialize with him," he says as he gives me a big smile and I smile back.

"I should leave you to it. Maybe I will see you later in the week," I prepare to leave but Charles speaks once more.

"Are you going to the hotel? Our car is here, we have extra space," he says as he messes with his son's head and I am surprised.

"Oh, I would like that. But it's not needed, mine is almost here either way," I say and he nods.

"I will see you on the weekend then. Thank you."

He thanked me one last time before they got ready to leave the airport. Lucas waved at me as they left. And I waved back. He is cute.