Cɦɑpteɾ 36

♬ You're not saying you're in love with me
But you're going to ♬

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I woke up in one of the best ways ever. Lucas kissed my cheek, and when I sat down, I saw the breakfast he had prepared for me.

"Good morning!" I say happily as I hold him before he runs off the bed, and I kiss his cheek several times, too.

"Good morning," he says happily between some giggles.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "Then we will share this because it's way too much for me, and since we got older, we will sit here and eat in bed."

"No eating in bed kids," Charles says from the bedroom's door.

"Just today, I don't even like eating in bed, but I'll be lazy for at least half an hour," I say as I pout, and he nods.

"Just today," he says as he leaves the door, and we proceed to eat.

"What is that?" Lucas asks as she points to my necklace, and I smile.

"Open it," I say, and he sees the photo of the three of us.

"Is dad's the same?" He asks curiously, and I nod.

"He has the same one too," I say happily, and he shyly smiles.

"You do love me," he whispers, and I nod as I kiss the top of his head.

"To the moon and back. No. To the other side of the universe and back," I corrected myself, and his smile got bigger.

"Do you love dad too?" He asks, and I am surprised.

"What?"

"He is there too, and he has one too," he is curious, and I shake my head.

"We get along, it's us against the world."

"I think you like him, and he likes you. That would be cool," he looked like he was daydreaming as he smiled in hope, and I smiled back.

"This is already cool, isn't it? We both just got older, and we had an amazing two days filled with the people we love. We had a very good sleep and are now eating breakfast in bed. It's pretty cool, right?"

"You are cool mom," he says happily.

And I felt good being there. I took our plates to the kitchen, and he took our cups. Going to the living room to meet Pascale, and I stay in the kitchen with Charles.

"No headache?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"None, you?" I ask as I sip the cold water; it feels heavenly on a hot summer morning.

"Nothing. Is there any soreness? Did I hurt you?" His voice almost sounded like a whisper, and I chuckled.

"I'm fine, I'm not that sensitive. Besides, some soreness is welcome in the right circumstances, you were just skilled enough to avoid it," I say teasingly and I see his eyes going to his mom and son before quickly kissing my lips and smiling.

"You could've slept in my bed," he says as he hugs my body gently.

"I could've, but I didn't. I spent a lot of time with you at the party; he deserved some cuddling; it's nothing out of this world. I can cuddle my kid."

"Thank you," he whispers before he kisses the curve of my neck.

He stepped away and I smiled before going into Charles' room. I put some of my own clothes on and prepared to leave.

"Where are you going?" Lucas asks as he stops me in the hallway, and I smile.

"I am going home, and you are enjoying your dad's vacation time," I say as I mess up his hair.

"Dad!" Lucas calls him, and Charles appears from the living room, looking stressed out, but he then smiles.

"Yes?"

"You said you would invite Natalie," he wants some explanation from his dad and I found it funny as hell.

"I had no time yet," Charles's excuse is weak. His kid shares the same opinion as he crosses his arms and looks at me, which causes his confused dad to do the same.

"This is a perfect time, then," Lucas says, and I try not to laugh at this kid's sudden sassiness.

"Would you like to come with us? It's nothing much; I'm just jumping on the yacht for a few days, maybe catching a plane and going somewhere. You know how it is," he is obviously caught by surprise. I don't think he intended to do it this way; maybe he was never going to invite me.

"No! Have fun as a family, I will see you after summer break ends," I say casually as I try to walk away but both Charles and Lucas stop me.

"Do you have plans?" Charles asks as he is obviously confused.

"No, but I can just stay back and relax. I want a lot of pictures and videos, though, and you will have to be here for at least two days so I can have Lucas for myself. We need our mother-son time," I say as I proudly smile, and Lucas looks at the floor fluttered.

"If it matters for anything, I really want you to come," Charles says as he walks away, and I am second-guessing my answer.

"I really, really wanted you there, mom," and Lucas did it.

He used the puppy eyes and the pouty lips on me. He was so mature that I thought these traits would be long gone, but I still fell for it because I found myself saying yes, and now I am watching the sunset in Charles's yacht. I was enjoying it alone since Charles and Lucas went for a shower, so the hand on my shoulder definitely scared me.

He sat down by my side as his eyes looked at me, and I smiled; he looked damn good with the sun on his face. I never knew what color to expect from his eyes; sometimes, they were blue, and most times, they were green. They are now blue like the ocean before us, and I got lost in them.

Charles seemed as caught in the moment as I did, leaning in for a kiss, and I allowed it because all the discreet touches and sneaky pecks weren't doing it for me. It's hard for such a small gesture to do something when I just spent hours seeing this man in nothing but bathing shorts.

"He is in the kitchen eating; we are safe," he whispered when the kiss ended, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. His arm circled my waist as we watched the sunset, and I could do this more times. Me, him and Lucas.

"Lucas!" I call out for him and he comes running in.

"Yes?" He had the same answer as his dad and the same confused look.

"Come watch the sunset with us," I say happily. His smile was contagious as he sat in the middle of us. I saw him handing me something and when his hand opened I saw the candy in his hand.

"You have a sweet tooth," he says it so gently that I could only kiss the top of his head.

"I sure do, baby," and that made me emotional, but I will not cry over a candy. I refuse to do so.

These are moments that I think I will never forget. Memories that are engraved in my core. I love Lucas, and I might love his dad. Who knows? It's not like I'm committing a crime.