Cɦɑpteɾ 31

♬ Lovelorn and nobody knows
Love thorns all over this rose
I'll pay the price, you won't ♬

Charles Leclerc POV

I didn't know what to give Natalie for her birthday, so my mom told me to let her pick; she said I should take her out and let her pick what she wanted, so I did it. We are now at the most expensive jewelry store in Monaco, and she just stood at the door.

"Why are we here?" She asks confusedly as she lifts her sunglasses and I point at the store.

"I don't know your taste, so I want you to pick something," I say as I open the door for her, but she shakes her head.

"You can buy my drinks later today, I am not letting you spend a fortune on a birthday gift, but thank you. That was very sweet of you," she says happily, but I stay there.

"Get in, Natalie Marie Beaufoy," I demand, and her jaw drops.

"You did not!" She is indignant, and I just take her hand and led her inside the door.

"I sure did. Pick something, please. You know how much I earn; this is nothing," I say as my hand rests on her lower back as we look at the jewelry.

"Can I help you?" The woman asks. I look at Natalie, who nods.

"I want a personalized piece, is that possible?" She asks, and I am now curious.

"It sure is, what do you have in my mind?" She asks curiously as we followe her to the counter.

"I wanted something related to my son, maybe a necklace or a bracelet," she said so naturally that I felt stupid at how fast my heart was beating at that moment.

"That is very sweet! How old is he?" The lady loved the idea, and Natalie proudly took out her phone and showed her a photo of Lucas.

"He turned 5 yesterday, isn't he a delight?" She asks proudly and I sure saw her as the type to proudly show her kid off.

"Oh, he takes after his dad," she says as she looks at me and I smile.

"The genes were strong," I joke and they both laugh.

The next half an hour was spent with both women coming up with an idea and I just watched as I wondered how someone could love my kid as much as I do. But I know she does and I know he deserves it.

"Charles," Natalie calls me and I guess I was too distracted because I was lost.

"Yes?" I answer as I take a step closer.

"Can I use a picture with the three of us? It's the best one I have, I took it yesterday," she asks happily and I nod.

"Of course! Use it!" I said excitedly as I looked closer; she had picked a locket necklace, and the picture she picked was indeed good. My mom took it yesterday before we left the karts. Lucas was beaming with joy as I picked him up.

"Could I put the three initials in the front in a discreet font?" She asks and the attendant nods as she draws our three initials and it looked good.

"I can have it done by the end of the day since it's your birthday present. I can take care of that," she says as we approach the register, and Natalie looks at me.

"I mean, I can come get it another day; I don't want to bother," she says nervously, and the lady shakes her head.

"It's okay; we can do it today," she says happily, and I smile.

"Can you go outside? It's still a gift, you are not seeing the price," I ask and she rolls her eyes before looking at the woman who helped us.

"Thank you for the help," she says as she prepares to leave, and I give her the car key, which clearly was what she was going to talk about next.

"Can you do one for me? I can pick it up at a later time, I just loved the idea and design," I say as I take out my wallet and she nods.

"No problem, we will have both ready later today," she says and I nod happily. I paid both necklaces and took out some of the cash I had.

"A tip for the great service, thank you. I will wait for the call to come to get them," I say happily, and she agrees, waving me goodbye as I leave the store and find Natalie in the driver's seat of the car. I got in the passenger's seat and put my seatbelt on.

"Aren't you going to stop me?" She asks in shock, and I shake my head.

"Go ahead, if you like it then I can get you one next year. But it will be a family car, or Lucas won't be too happy about it," I say calmly, and she is surprised but still drives it either way, and she sure did a better job than me at parking it.

"Time to change cars and go out for lunch," I say as we park in the garage. We see the Ferrari SUV there, and she nods.

We entered the car and drove to her house, picking up her dad and Lucas who entered the car happily.

"We are already seeing some stuff for his kart; he is now impatient," Anthoine comments as I start driving, and I look to my son through the rearview mirror and see his huge smile.

"Dad, can you help us?" He asks excitedly, and I nod.

"I sure will help," I say excitedly, my son is finally open about his likings and we share some things in common. What could I ask for?

We were with both families as the day went by, only saying to them when it was time to get ready for the party. Lucas would stay with my mom and Anthoine said he was not going to his daughter's birthday party because it was obviously in a club with a lot of people our age. 

I got ready and I knew my brothers would meet us there with their girlfriends so I waited for her in front of her building, leaning back on my car as I waited. And I only stopped when I heard her high heels as she walked down the stairs, the black dress tightly hugging her body and I noticed the necklace her dad gave her earlier today was on her neck.

But the necklace she asked for is inside the car. Mine is being worn already, but I will wait for her to notice. She stops in front of me, and I look at her from head to toe. She is gorgeous, and I would take her back inside if it wasn't her birthday. I guess I was too focused on her because she coughed, and I came to my senses, smiling and walking around the car so I could open the door for her.

 I guess I was too focused on her because she coughed, and I came to my senses, smiling and walking around the car so I could open the door for her

"No red?" I ask jokingly.

"Not that any person could see, maybe you are the lucky one," she jokes back and I nod. I sure as hell will do my best to see it.