Cɦɑpteɾ 29

♬ Got lovestruck, went straight to my head
Got lovesick, all over my bed ♬

Charles Leclerc POV

Not waking up alone is good for once. And after a good shower it was even better to be able to have breakfast with a happy birthday boy, he would usually just hide away until dinner came and we would sing happy birthday so this is definitely better.

"Where did you sleep?" He asks confusedly as he sees her suitcases on the living room and I try not to laugh.

"In the guest room, I was too tired to go home so late. but now I am all recharged for your day," she says excitedly, and it seemed like a good enough reason for him.

Everyone started arriving and mom made lunch. The moment of truth came when we arrive at the karting and I was nervous. I would love for him to like the same things as me so this is a big moment for me. Does he really like cars and motorsports?

"Dad! Can you help me? I'm afraid," he asks as he turns around, and I nod instantly.

"Of course!" I say excitedly as we walk to one of the rental cars.

I might even risk saying this was my best day with Lucas. He was a natural. He loved it, he raced against me and did pretty good someone doing it the first time. They all took turns on the karts, and we even tried the dual-seater, which was fun.

"It's your turn," I say as I approach Natalie, and she nods happily.

"I thought you had forgotten me. I wouldn't mind it," she says as I help her get settled. I was in the kart with her, her dad, my son, and my brothers on the other, and we managed to win.

"That was impeccable. You are either a specialist or you are a natural. Either way, congratulations," I say, surprised at how much of a difference there was between us and my brothers with Arthur driving.

"I might be better than you, Leclerc," she says proudly, and I nod as I laugh.

"I wouldn't doubt it. And I would kiss you if it were just us, that was amazing," I say excitedly.

"Be careful, Leclerc. Playing with fire can get you burned," she warns as she prepares to leave.

"Consider me a firefighter then," I joke, kissing her cheek quickly before the others leave their karts.

"You really think you are sneaky," my mom says, and I completely forgot she was watching.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I turn around with an innocent smile.

"You and Natalie, it's pretty clear," she says with a smile.

"It's casual."

"You shouldn't let your kid meet your casual hookups; you said it yourself before. He called her mom a few weeks ago; that is not casual," she scolds me nicely, and I nod.

"Don't worry about it; I can deal with it," I say casually, and she shakes her head.

"Can I go with you?" He asks as he approaches Natalie, who nods as she enters the circuit with him. She safely straps him, and he smiles at me before he starts driving the kart away.

It was the best afternoon we had ever spent together, and Lucas was very chatty. We were heading out when Anthoine stopped me.

"He is a natural; he takes after his father," he says proudly, and I felt proud too.

"Thank you for being so patient with him," I gratefully say and he shakes his head.

"I love that kid; you should be proud of the work you've done with what you were given. You raised a very good kid; don't ever doubt that. Also, his birthday dinner and party are at our apartment, not yours," he informs me, and I am surprised, to say the least.

"But-"

"It's my daughter's orders; I'm just relaying the message so he won't hear it," he says nonchalantly, and I look ahead of me where Lucas and Natalie are walking hand in hand; he is laughing at something, and she is finishing her story.

"She loves him doesn't she?" I ask as I appreciate the scene before us, and he smiles.

"I always knew she would come around, and I'm glad they got to know each other. It was one hell of a coincidence."

We drove to their apartment building, and Lucas was clearly excited but kept as quiet as expected until the door opened, and he saw the decorated living room waiting for him. Friends of mine were there, and I had no idea she had invited me. He smiled at her before going to hug Pierre, he always liked Pierre the best out of the drivers but I guess that is because he always spent more time with us.

He was opening all his gifts and thanking the person with a hug, he never social but today I think it's a turning point for that. He opened the last one and looked at Natalie. Everyone knew she hadn't given him anything, and neither did Anthoine, but that didn't stop him from coming to their side and stopping before them.

"Thank you for today," he says happily, and Anthoine kneels down to his height.

"We have the best gift ever," Anthoine announces as Natalie smiles. I see Lucas's eyes beaming in expectation and I am as curious as everyone else.

"What is it?"

"My dad is building a kart with you, just for you. What do you think about it?" Natalie asks, and he is emotionless for a few seconds before opening his arms to her, and she kneels down to her height to hug him.

"Is it true?" He asks as his little eyes fill with tears.

"Of course! I would never lie. I wanted to buy one, but my dad said it would be best to build one just for you, and your dad can help, too!" she said excitedly, and I couldn't utter a word as they both looked at me, so I just nodded.

"I love it! I love you," he says as he hugs her once again. I see her relieved expression as her dad smiles while giving her a thumbs up.

"I love you too, my baby," she softly tells him as she runs her hand through his hair. I see how he rests his head on her shoulder. The hug takes longer, but I find it impossible to look away.