Cɦɑpteɾ 13

♪ I will give you what you're needing
I'll be right there ♪

Charles Leclerc POV

The celebration as we park the cars is important but getting to the garage and finding the rest of the team that couldn't leave it is a different feeling. Everyone that made this possible is there, waiting for us. I saw how Carlos hugged Nat and I was taken aback, when did they become close enough for that?

"Charles," I hear her voice as she gets closer, and I immediately look at her. "Congratulations!"

"For second place?" I ask jokingly, and she laughs.

"I hope it's first place in Monaco; I want to see you win," she says cheekily as someone calls her.

"I will do my best," I answered before she left my side. "What was with that hug?" I ask Carlos as we are going to the media pen, and he chuckles.

"I wanted to see if the rumors were true; I saw her with Lucas," he says with a cocky smile, and I reprimand myself mentally for even talking.

"We were together on the flight to Italy, and Lucas just suddenly decided to like someone, and it's her. She is also very cool to hang out with," I say calmly, and he hums in agreeance, but his face shows otherwise.

"It's time I finally see you with someone who makes you happy. Sylvie isn't worth all of this loneliness and worry," hearing Lucas's mom's name out of someone's mouth was almost like a kick in my guts.

I will never know if her leaving was what made him like this, and it kills me. I am slowly healing by seeing how happy he has been lately; he is a kid again. My kid.

"I am not like this because of her. It's because of Lucas. I have this job that takes all my time, and he takes the rest. He deserves all my attention and time outside of my job, I couldn't just go into a relationship when I felt like I was failing as a parent," I explain and he nods with a smile.

"Well, the good thing is that you no longer feel like you are failing. Maybe go into a relationship with the woman who makes your kid the happiest kid alive," he suggests right before we step in the media pen.

I won't say I didn't think about it but she makes Lucas happy, if I fuck it up I will take his comfort person away. I see how his eyes light up when he sees her, his little smile, and every move he makes to get closer to her. I can't ruin it because I find Natalie gorgeous.

I don't even think Natalie would want anything to do with me; my life is an authentic shitshow as it is. I did my things for the day and went back to the hotel with Lucas and my brothers, Arthur was happy every time a video of Lucas watching his sprint race, and he was beaming with pride.

The next day I crossed the finish line behind Carlos, I had promised I would defend everyone who tried in the middle of us, he deserved this win, he had more pace and he had the crowd with him. I hugged him as soon as I got out of the car. We hugged the team right after; this is his deserved first win.

Hours later, I finally got to the hotel, and I was tired as fuck. I was on my bed and I saw Lucas coming from his room, I started booking an adjoined room so he could have his privacy. He climbed onto my bed and hugged me just as I was about to fall asleep, I hugged him tightly.

"Is everything okay?" I try to make sure nothing is wrong because he is not the affectionate type.

He nodded, and I was relieved that he just wanted my presence and comfort. I can't remember the last time this has happened.

"We are going to be with Natalie tomorrow; she is going with us on the flight," I inform him, and I see him looking up at me with his shining eyes.

That is all it takes for me to just fold.

"Do you like that, or do you want me to cancel?" I ask, and he frantically shakes his head as I laugh. "I know, kid, I know you like Natalie. She even asked if Thursday you wanted to go out with her while I am on the circuit."

"Yes, please," his answer took me by surprise, I expected a simple nod so I smiled widely. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"I will tell her just that buddy," I tell him as I kiss her forehead.

We ended up falling asleep soon after and it felt heavenly. We found Natalie at the airport the next day, she was busy talking to Kelly but she made a point to interrupt her talk and take Lucas's hand which he offered when he saw her.

We entered the plane and I ended up in front of Natalie and my son. Max was by the window and Kelly was by his side still talking to Natalie since they had the row seat. Arthur and Lorenzo were together and discussing something about Mom. Max came to the seat in front of Kelly and smirked.

"So, when will you ask her on a date?" He whispers and I give him a threatening look, which makes him laugh. "Do you think that scares me? You know my dad."

"I am not inviting her on a date, that would be inappropriate," I whisper back as I feel somewhat outraged by the suggestion.

"Why did you file those papers? Because you intend on keeping her around, closely around. Also, don't be stubborn. I can see the attraction in the pictures and videos of you around the paddock, I see how you look at her."

"Since when are you so attentive to my love life?" I ask as I try to change the subject.

"Kelly is. She liked Natalie's vibe, whatever that means. Just look at them, Natalie arrived 5 minutes before you and they never stopped talking. I sense a double date very soon, you better not make it awkward for both of us," he warns me before he goes to Kell's side once again and I see why.

Nat had Lucas showing her something and she was watching it and laughed with him as she messed with his head.