Cɦɑpteɾ 17

♫ They make feel alone Like I was never there
Oh, I hated everyone 'til you I swear ♫

Charles Leclerc POV

The day ended and I was saying goodbye to everyone after finishing everything and I saw Lucas and Natalie appearing. I saw him letting go of her hand and running to me, I picked him up quickly enough and I held him as his little body shook with his endless cry. I looked at Natalie confused and I saw the sadness in her eyes, I honestly felt scared.

"Just talk to him," she mouths and I doubt he would hear her if she spoke. I brushed his back calmly and he started calming down.

"Is everything alright? Did something happen mon prince?" I ask worriedly and he leans back to look at me.

"Je t'aime papa!" (I love you, dad!)

He hugged me tightly and I felt the tears invading my eyes as I hugged him back.

"Je t'aime mon prince," I tell him as I kiss his cheek.

A few minutes later, he almost threw himself to the floor where I placed him carefully, and he looked at Nat with a smile, and she smiled back.

"Thank you. It helped," he takes her hand as he says it, and she laughs.

"I am glad it did, do it anytime you need to. I can join you, being an adult is stressful, I can always take a minute with you to drown my sorrows," she says happily, and he nods.

"It's time to go, will you come too?" I ask, and both Anthoine and Nat nod.

"Doing okay kiddo?" Pierre asks as we find him while we were leaving the paddock.

"I've been worse," Lucas answers and I hear Natalie laughing but Pierre is just amazed to have an answer.

"Same little guy, but damn, you got that voice back? That's just great," Pierre answers him happily and Lucas laughs too.

"I thought he could only use his voice to cry when he was a baby," Arthur jokes as Natalie shrugs when everyone looks at her.

"What happens with us stays between us, right Lucas?" She gives him a wink and he nods proudly.

We ended up saying goodbye in the middle of the paddock since Natalie and her dad had to leave through another door and he whispered something to her as he hugged her. Lorenzo was the one who drove Arthur and Mom here so we said goodbye and went home.

I gave him dinner, and it was silent, but I was still rethinking the moment he said he loved me. What happened between them that made him just talk out of nowhere? He did everything as usual: he took his shower, saw some television and I went to tug him in.

"Do you want to talk about today?" I ask as I finish laying him in bed.

"Natalie is cool. She made me understand that it's okay to be a kid," he explained calmly, and his innocence made me smile.

"Why wouldn't it be okay?" I ask concerned that someone might've filled his head with this bullshit.

"Because you could get annoyed and leave me," and those simple words broke my heart.

"Is that why you were quiet and so independent? You didn't want to be a bother," I know I answered my own question and I see the fear in his eyes. "I love you more than I love myself. I could never leave you, you are the most amazing kid ever."

"I am sorry," he says guiltily and I shake my head.

"Who told you that?" I ask curiously and he looks away.

"She said it before she left."

I knew he was talking about Sylvie, he never called her mom, not even when he was a baby, he always tried to catch my attention, I guess he knew she somehow didn't care for him as much. Her leaving was a blessing in disguise.

"She was wrong, I would never leave you. You are my son, I will be by your side until the day I die. Talk about everything you want, make a mess, ask me questions, and be a kid. Be my kid. Because I will love you even if you crash my damn car or if you light this house on fire, nothing and nobody matters as much."

"I love you, dad," he says with a huge smile and I smile back through the tears that appear.

"I love you too Lucas. Get some rest, tomorrow will be a busy day too."

I kissed his cheek and went to my room, but not before texting Natalie.

I don't know what happened but thank you.

No problem. Is he okay though?

He is. Sleeping like a baby.

Can I give you a ride tomorrow?

It's easier.

I would never say no.

I will see ya tomorrow ;)

I smiled like a fucking kid and I put down my phone after sending her the address. She was indeed here with Anthoine the next day and we went in my SUV, I barely use it but with a kid, I have to have a 5-place car.

It was fairly easy to pass through security and the paddock entrance. Cameras were ready to shoot, and fans were asking for pictures and autographs while I knew my kid was safe as he holding Natalie's hand.

We had a conference after the pit stop practices, and as I got out, I saw Max and Pierre coming in my direction.

"So, is that official? You and Natalie?" Max asks curiously.

"Stop being noisy, we are friends. Lucas loves her, I am not rushing into anything," I tell them decisively, and they nod.

"I wish your fans saw it that way. She is being called a gold digger for getting closer to the son to get the dad. Some people even question if she is Lucas's mom. Sylvie must be having the time of her life," Lando says as he joins the talk, and I roll my eyes.

"Rumors are just that. I will make a statement if I have to. I will see you in a bit," I say as I finally leave for the garage and there she is with Lucas.

She had him in her arms as she explained something to him, and he listened carefully while they looked at my car. I like this view, probably more than I should.