Cɦɑpteɾ 14

♫ You're just like me, only happy
When you get to leave the party ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

The flight to Nice was a quick one from Barcelona, it was easily to get through it. I've had longer car rides. And I still managed to fall asleep. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I opened my eyes slowly as I saw Charles smiling.

"I really am sorry to wake you up but we are here and you fell asleep like half an hour ago," he says as he points to Lucas curled up in the seat by my side with his head in my legs and I nod sleepily.

"Thank you," I whisper as I stretch my arms and he nods.

"Let me pick him up," he says as he gently picks Lucas in his arms and I stretch my legs, before getting up and stretching my whole body.

"I still work from tomorrow to Thursday so I will see you at work," I say as we leave the plane and I see everyone is going through security.

"Hm, do you have plans today? Maybe we could go out and have dinner," he suggests nervously and I nod.

"Us as in me and you or me, you and Lucas? Or is it a whole family thing?" I ask confusedly. I would say yes to any of the options but I just wanted to know.

"You and me. If you want to, Lucas can come but that was not on my mind," he says with a small smile and I laugh.

"Well, this will not sound well. But your son has my number. Send me a text and I will give you my address so you can be a gentleman and pick me up. Otherwise, just send me the address of where we are going and I will meet you there," I tell him calmly and his smile grows.

"Yeah. I will send you a text, I'm picking you up though. How did my son get my number before you did?" He is amused and so am I.

"Oh, you know. I am more towards the kid than the father, Lucas came with baggage, but I accept it."

Charles immediately laughed and everyone looked back as they waited for us to get through security which was fast.

"Well, thank you for the ride, Max. It was lovely to meet you, Kelly, thank you for the follow, I will slide in your DM's. See you later Leclerc, thank you for the invite," I say as I turn to Charles in the end and he nods.

Everyone separated in there and I got inside my dad's car, as always.

"Oh, so he finally invited you for a date? I thought it would take him longer," my dad says calmly, I thought he would be surprised and- wait. This is not a date.

"It isn't a date, it's Charles Leclerc."

"Then what is it? Because I've been on dates and it sure seemed like it would be one."

"Well, maybe he is trying to know the person whom his son is getting emotionally attached to. I would want to know them too. But this isn't a date."

"Is it a good restaurant? Because if it is, then it's a date," he insists and I receive a text from Charles, which means I now have his number.

Hey! This is Charles!

I will pick you up around 7 PM. Is that good for you?

It's fine by me.

Where are we going? I need to know the dress code.

Le Grill. Have you been there before?

No, but I can imagine the dress code.

Le Grill is indeed expensive. It's a Michelin-star restaurant at the top of an eighth-floor hotel. It's known for its great view and I am surprised he got a table there on such short notice. I sent Charles the address and he said he would be there. Is this a date? It isn't, right?

"Where is it darling?" My dad asks as we finally get home and I look at him nervously.

"Le Grill," I say quietly and he laughs.

"So, a date. If you don't want to date him just tell him. I mean, some people get close to the kid to get the dad. No one would blame you for only wanting the kid. Is it unusual? Yes. But I saw the connection between you and that kid and I see something special there. Besides, I also saw some spark with you and Charles, that has potential."

"I don't know. I just won't overthink it. I will have fun and I will enjoy the night," I say calmly and he nods with a smile.

"Go get some rest, the weekends are too tiring," he says as he kisses the top of my head and I nod.

I slept, had lunch, and then stayed in bed while watching Netflix, I got lost in the series I was seeing and I rushed to the shower. I took care of my hair, did a light makeup, and looked at the dress I had prepared. It feels good to be in any other thing than a Ferrari shirt and jeans.

"Dad! Outfit check!" I yell and I open the door to show him in the hallway and he shows up from the living room.

"Oh! You look gorgeous, he is lucky," my dad says proudly and I laugh.

"He must be almost here. Let me put the heels on," I say as I enter my room once again and I hear the doorbell.

"I will get that," my dad yells as I hear him as he opens the door of the building. I hear Charles's voice a bit later so I pick up my purse and leave the room.

"Hey!" I say excitedly as I see them in the entrance of the apartment. Charles turns around and looks me up and down, right before swallowing nervously. I also looked him up and down, and he was well-dressed for a change.

"You look gorgeous," he manages to say and I nod with a smile.

"You look good as always. We will be going, dad. See you around," I say as I kiss his cheek quickly and I leave with Charles after he says goodbye to my dad.

We arrive downstairs and I see the very famous Ferrari 488 Pista Spider. Doesn't he have a more low-key car? Because that thing will make everyone know he is around. He opened the door for him and I got in. Okay, this is actually very comfortable so I won't complain for now.