when this rain stops | sanji

"When this rain stops, Just smile again."

"Sanji.." You spoke out.

With an emotionless face from him, he left you in the rain. Your tears streaming down continuously and running back to Luffy, you never wanted things to end so bitter. As Luffy shouted to Sanji, about how he can't be king of the pirates without him, there was no response except for Luffy's cries and pleads. Not knowing Sanji was choking back his own tears. Who knew Whole Cake Island could ruin the person you loved most? Who knew Sanji was killing himself inside from looking at both of you. Luffy clinging onto your dress, you look back, only to see your loved one betraying you. No matter what you did, or what Nami could do, Luffy refused to eat unless Sanji cooked it. Seeing Luffy starve himself for Sanji, you've had enough of this royalty bullshit.

Walking around the island looking at the ocean, you shouldn't cry but, in the end the tears streamed down, and the rain settled through. How could someone like Sanji leave you for her. Were you not good enough? Did he really love you? Was everything all for nothing?

"It seems like the rain is never going to end.." Pudding said while clinging onto Sanji's arms.

Sanji looking out the window knowing why the rain hasn't stopped. Before any of this, the beginning of your chapters, he found out about your identity as a siren, amongst other things. The tale from the villages about the siren who cried, it'll continue to pour until the siren is happy again. So the day he found you crying and raining heavily, he held your hand and said the 7 words that mattered to you most.

"When this rain stops, just smile again..." He mumbled.

"Hm? what did you say?"

"Nothing."

Worrying about when the rain will stop. Meaning when you'll stop crying, maybe there's hope of you finding happiness, but without him in your way.

Would you ever understand the true backstory? Would the crew understand the true backstory?
Was Sanji in the wrong position?

Heated exchanges were made, and he told the truth. He only took pudding's hand in marriage and joined Big Mom was because he wished to not see his family die under her hands. Nor did he want the crew to know about this, to risk their lives for his own family. As everybody discussed, there was one person who was completely silent within the discussions. Then there, the plan was made. To defeat Big Mom.

The day arrived, and special thanks to Kid's attacks and along with Law's surgical precision and tactics, they created a force that held back against Big Mom. Continuing to shove herself down, Big Mom was finally sent down to the pit of hell.

Reiju helped freeing Sanji and told him to head to freedom on a nearby ship. But facing his father when he was just about to escape, his father's words left his lips as his final words to him.

"If your running away, never tell anyone your relationship to the Germa."

And with no hesitation, he headed for his freedom. Finally reuniting with the crew, celebrations were set. Cheers and laughter were set but Sanji kept looking for one person. Walking out and looking around the ocean, a blue fin greeting the corner of his eye from the water, and heading to the side of the ship to greet you.

"Y/n.. hi."

There was no answer, but the waves in your heart responded with tears, and it began to rain. Facing Sanji from above, using the rope to pull yourself up, walking past him, he grabbed onto your wrist.

"Please. Slap me. Kick me. Punch me. Do whatever that would please you to forgive me. I beg of you."

Only a monotone face was plastered on with slow tears burning down, and tearing his hand away from your wrist, holding back from how you felt, you walked away. Would you ever forgive him? After his little stunt he didn't mean any harm to you. He loves you. But you loved him. Loved. You no longer had the lingering lust or romantic feelings towards him. He didn't mean to hurt you. But in the end, a siren's heart can't be fixed.

As a couple of days go by, you refused to eat. To the point Luffy tried sharing his food, you only continued to train yourself. You didn't want to be the weakest in the crew. Nor let these feelings get to you. Climbing down the stairs, after not eating for a while, you began to feel faint and dropped to the floor. But before your body could even hit the ground, he was there for when you needed him to be.

Waking up in Chopper's office with a pressure in your hand, looking back at the once you loved, he got on his knees.

"Forgive me my love."

Realizing that you were acting out to cope, for the first time, you smiled. Embracing him into your arms as he kissed your forehead. And the rain finally stopped, and the siren finally smiled again.