stars and raindrops | sabo

"Our memoriеs become stars."

"You would think someone like her would leave the Revolutionary Army to side with a War lord? Embarrassing really."

The dining hall was busy as ever, while Koala and Robin discussed about whatever, but the lingering thought remained in Sabo's head.

"Why did she leave us? Why did she leave me?"

As he excused himself, everyone began to discuss behind his back.

"It must be frustrating for him..."

"If they ever meet again just imagine how awkward it would be..."

Stepping outside and entering the balcony, watching the stars cross over the sky, thoughts continued to grow in his mind.

"In the еnd, I'm left alone at this night." Sighing, watching the stars from above.

Loud laughter and cheers roared around the bar, as a celebration of stealing the famous Y/n back to the warlord's community. Except for the fact that you were outside by the ocean side watching the dark clouds. Did you do the right thing? Were you really destined to be a warlord all over again? Was it worth leaving the friends you loved? Regrets started forming into your mind, and only left with the rain.

The toxic force of coming back to your toxic self was the worst outcome to happen. Only to remember past memories when you were in the army still, but those memories remained as stars. The shared memories of friendship and the hidden love affair between Sabo as well.

Maybe your thoughts were clouded. Maybe being part of the revolutionary army wasn't the best move. But the memories shared and made, you could only think about how maybe it was bad to leave everyone you knew, but knowing that they would face a chance with death if you didn't join with the warlords again, knowing what Doflamingo did. It was for their own safety.

To never think about an interaction with the friend you loved most, fate unfortunately brought you together again. While on a mission siding with Doflamingo, the person you would have to ruin was Sabo. Wasn't hard anyways since you left. As the smoke cleared, only staggered breathing was heard.

Sweat beads dropping from your face. A thick cloud of tension forming in the atmosphere you were both in. One of you would have to leave this fight alive, and not knowing which one of you would have the willpower to kill each other.

Everyone is at war. With themselves and with others, and in this case, you were destined to win. As Sabo attacked first with his new abilities after consuming a devil fruit along his journey, you dodged and let your own ability to use.

Red flames and blue crystals were scattering the sky, one attack after another, this was the finale. The destined outcome. But just as victory was in your hands, unknowing the flame that came directly to your chest. Flying back and slamming onto a building, as Sabo grabbed you by the collar of your shirt, both of you exhausted, bleeding, and slow tears. Laughing at your loss, maybe this would be the last time you would be able to confess to Sabo.

"If I hadn't let it go in the end, will we ever be happy again?"

Watching Sabo's anger drop slowly, but quickly regaining his control again.

"Shut up."

Laughing at this situation, only fueling the fire.

"Would it have been better if I did better? It's useless, everything is useless, even if they say it's useless."

"Thats enough, Y/n."

"You remember how we would stargaze together, I still do, but alone. Those memories are shining memories in the sky. If i hadn't chosen this path from the beginning, if i hadn't let go in the end, would we have been happy?"

Dark clouds gather and as it began to rain, you could only feel more guilt. After all the pain and confusion you had given to Sabo, this victory was his in hand.

"Do it."

"What?"

Only confusion was laced in his voice.

"Kill me."

"I.. I can't."

"Sabo, this is what's done on the field."

"I can't. This whole time I wanted to just ask why. Why did you had to hurt me. Why did you leave me. I was filled with so much anger and then Dragon himself told me to kill you, but.. I can't. You're still the one I fell in love with from the beginning."

Slowly releasing you, and instead holding your hand while slowly moving to the ground.

"Our last scene... becomes drops of rain." Sighing as you closed your eyes.

You were already tired. Your time was slowly slipping away. All your power was running out, knowing there wasn't much time left, you were too weak.

"Y/n please."

"hmm?"

"I need my answer."

Staggered breathing, tightness in your chest, the ability to slowly fade away, it was the final time you would be able to be with him.

"I left you. Because of my past. I never told you for the sake of myself and I was stupid. I was stupid for not telling you and leaving you. My past always kept haunting back to me and I couldn't bear the thought of you being involved with my past and getting hurt. So I thought hurting you by leaving was better but it never was. I never thought about my decisions clearly, but now I know the best decision for myself and for you. I'm so sorry Sabo."

As you felt the aching pain from your body leave, slowly fading away.

"Y/n..?"

"I'm so sorry Sabo. It's your victory. My time is up."

Sabo watching you fade away, trying his best to hold onto you, only for you to fade away from his hands. And as his tears never stopped, you became one with the stars. And all those bittersweet moments and memories, becoming stars.