try again | law

"We'll be alright, Please try again."

The empty space and the lingering aroma of him was always there. The missing warmth and the feeling of his touch, you only knew to cry in silence. It's been over 7 months since you last saw Trafalgar Law himself. Knowing that you had a growing a bond with him, it was perfect between you both. Until that was he thought this relationship should end. And instead of clinging on and fighting, you didn't want to look annoying or rude. So you agreed. And that day, walking away from the man you love, only a heart wretched feeling was left with you.

Maybe it would be the better for him, but never for you. He didn't even give a reason why. Just to end it. But that wish was granted. Parting ways and heading back with Luffy to the strawhat pirates, you would never forget him. If only he gave you the reason why he fell out of love with you.

Wandering around town with a basket and some flowers you received for your beauty, at the corner of your eye you see a little girl getting bullied. Immediately walking over and clearing your throat to the boys.

"I suggest you give her back her doll."

As the boys look behind to see who were bothering them, your intimidating gaze was all it took. They immediately apologized and ran away. Picking up the doll and patting away the dirt, crouching down to the girl's level handing her the doll back.

"Thank you miss!" She grinned.

Watching her skip back, picking up your basket and noticing an odd flower that wasn't in the bouquet before. In fact, they were a specific kind of flowers that brought a frown to your face. Lavender and white roses. Which symbolized second chances. But who was the admirer?

Heading back to the ship with the ingredients you needed for Sanji, noticing a familiar polar bear. There was no way. And in fact, you weren't ready for this interaction. Just as you were going to slip away, immediately turning back around to only bump into something hard and losing your balance. Ready for the fall impact and embarrassing yourself, someone caught you and placed his hands onto your waist. The familiar hands that you knew from heart. Looking up to seeing the man you still love.

"Are you okay?"

Immediately getting your balance together and walking away silently, to find Sanji for the ingredients he needed. As he thanked you with a drink, you headed out to your section of the ship in the greenhouse. Planting in a few seeds you bought an additional to placing the bouquet on the vase, remembering the lavender and white roses.

Taking a gentle look and lifting it up with gentle care, your hands created thorns around the flowers and crushing them. By creating them into toxin liquids, you only felt anger from the flowers. Watching the saps drip slowly, you got a test tube and slowly let the blood and toxins drip from your fingers which would be created to make a formula sooner or later. Minding your business, Luffy swung the door open.

"There you are!!!!"

"Yes Luffy what is it now."

"Law and his crew are here for the mission!!"

"Wait pause what mission???"

"Mission to attack a marine base in order for us to pass easier without getting alerted silly!"

Of course. As everyone gathered around and talked through the plan step by step, everyone agreed it was best for you to stick with Law. It was like the universe or your friends hated you at that rate. As the 2nd day came, tomorrow would be the final strike day. Being placed with Law had to be the worst thing ever. Only awkward silence was broken out.

"Hey Y/n."

"Hi."

Blank. Just blank. What were you supposed to say? This was his fault anyways that you agreed to for no reason. 

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure because I can-"

"I'm fine Trafalgar Law."

Bitterness filled within the atmosphere you hated this. Walking away from him again, leaving thorns onto his submarine, it's what he gets for not giving you a reason. As the day arrived, heading out to attack the base, you had all your strength and anger holding you back. Luffy giving the signal, everyone caved in. One swing to the next, ivy flowing through the cracks and grasping onto the marines, you felt a gun against your head.

"Drop them. Now."

Listening to the person, dropping the marines down from the ivy you created.

"Let her go."

Looking up to see Law.

"Step any closer and I shoot her brain out."

"I'd like to see you try."

As your crew and his crew grew closer and closer to you and your assassin per se, there was nothing the marine could do. That is except for one. Falling backwards into the ocean falling down, would this be the end? Just as you were about to hit the water and never be seen again, you were in someone's arms instead.

"Now let me ask you again Y/n, are you really okay?"

"What's your concern. We're nothing to each other." You said.

Removing yourself from his grasp, he spun you back to him.

"Please hear me out Y/n because this has been tearing me apart."

As you were going to say no yet again, he got on his knees. Oh he was deadass serious for this.

"Love, please."

Sitting down next to him, looking at his tired eyes, this was finally your chance of getting your desired answer from him.

"Go ahead."

Watching his chest rise and fall, him taking in deep breaths, he began.

"My reason why I wanted us to separate was because I was in fear thinking you would have the same fate as Corazon. And thinking if we were never together again, you wouldn't end up like him. I fell in love with you. Deeply. And if you're willing to try again as much as I am, I will never and I mean never, hurt you again. Please remember, my answer is you. Even if I have to go back a long way to receive your feelings, I'll still feel the same way for you. We'll be alright this time so please, can we try again?"

Listening while tears were threatening to fall, in the end it did. Crying your heart out loud, he only embraced you into a hug.

"Why did you hurt me like this.."

"I'm an idiot believe me Y/n."

"You're my idiot though."

"Your idiot?"

"You'll always have me Law. You're my idiot forever."

Pulling him into a kiss, the taste of tears and vanilla balm, he pulled you in closer, as if it wasn't possible.

"Believe me, I'll make this up to you."