when you love someone | ace

"But that's just how it is. When you love someone."

"I'm sorry but I have to let you go."

As he watched your smile fade away, with remarks of confusion, you didn't understand.

"What?"

"Y/n. I have to let you go. It's for the best. For the both of us. I'm sorry." Slowly letting go of your touch.

"Ace wait- Please!"

Trying to reach out for his wrist for an explanation, only for him to move back. As he sighed in annoyance, he explained again.

"It's for the best Y/n why won't you understand?"

"Please tell me why? Why are you leaving me?"

Tears at the brink of your eyes, would the answer hurt you? You just needed to know why. Knowing that this would be the only way, you never thought he would say the 4 words you would have never heard from him.

"I hate you, Y/n."

His voice filled with spite and hatred. Something you'd never expect from him. Watching him walk away from you, only to be holding onto the flowers on your right hand, dropping the bouquet, and falling to your knees. On a lonely empty street in the night, the one street light above you keeping you company. Not even without reasoning and just goodbye? Anger, shame, embarrassment all in one emotion. The tears set in, and a moment of silence rested for a moment.

"Did you do it?" Marco bugged as Ace hopped onto the ship.

"..."

"Well? You can't just-"

"I DID OKAY LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE NOW!?"

Storming off into the quarters, Marco in awe by what just happened. Shaking his head as the ship was set to sail off from the town.

The lingering scent of your perfume. The photos on the wall. The ring on his finger. Everything thrown to the floor. The gut wrenching feeling, the feeling of a heartbreak. Knowing that he could only distance himself from you for your safety.

Taking the bottle closest to him, drinking out his feelings, to only end up slouching on the side of his bed.

As for your side, a lonely cup of wine by your side, dimmed lights and a small song playing in the background. The blush on your face, the small tear stains left on your face lead to a lot. Such as thinking about all the possibilities on why he left.

Was he cheating? Were you boring? Were you not good enough? Drinking the last drop from the glass to pause on overthinking, head to your knees and looking out the window. Closing your eyes, falling asleep.

As Ace took the last drop from the bottle while slouching, smashing the bottle in anger. Filled with regret. Losing the one person he loved. And he would never let go of that.

"Today was hard for you, wasn't it?"

"Yeah."

"It hurts my heart just looking at you..."

"It's not your fault. I chose this. But the best decision was being able to meet someone as perfect as you Y/n."

Only a shared smile was given, and a soft touch against each other's hands.

"I'm sorry that there's not much I can do for you. Other than staying by your side, Ace."

"You being here, heals everything. Don't worry about a thing. You know how much I love you, right?"