only | law

"My only love."

It was like admiring a painting.
A bright light amongst darkness.
The painter and the muse.

In this case, it was between a captain and his loyal member from the crew. The doctor himself would steal glances to you each moment he can get. Spending time in his office while getting distracted by the scent of your perfume. The thought of your acts of service to the crew, the motherly instincts, and adoring everything beautiful in life. He knew it was wrong, falling in love with a crew member, but who couldn't fall in love with you?

Although Law had the impression of you being just nice and not reciprocating his feelings towards you, it was never one-sided. Instead of wanting to hide your feelings for him, you just wanted to say, "I love you." The way he doesn't show it but the way he cares for the crew, his sincerity, his soft touch and being extra careful and gentle when you're injured, keeping you by his side when enemies are around. How couldn't you fall in love with him?

"Ow.."

"Let me see Y/n."

"Oh no it's fine-"

"I'll help take care of it for you just let me see."

Chuckling to yourself with organizing the files while thinking back about every heart fluttering moment for you, maybe it meant something? Or maybe just being delusional. But everyone on the crew could tell that both of you were oblivious and obviously torturing one another, the flirting, the acts of service for one another, the silent and gentle moments with one another, the crew couldn't stand watching it any longer. Therefore came a plan along their way. By setting dock onto the next location, the crew insisted that you both would look around and the rest would do any chore Law wanted them to. Of course Law listed world's longest list but as long as they got their captain and favorite person on the ship happy, it would be smooth sailing from then on.

Bepo did some searching when they landed around 2 am in the morning that there's a festival for couples on the island so that was the start of the plan.

"Now now, go have fun Y/n!!" Penguin shouted.

As the crew members shooed both of you away, you both were in confusion but when making eye contact, immediately the signal of blushing and avoiding eye contact began.

"So..."

Eyes wandering around the scenery, the falling flowers, the couples around you both, only to be grabbed by another couple.

"HI! WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL ENDEARMENT FESTIVAL!"

"The.. what?"

Before even asking a follow up question, the lady taking you away from Law and Law being taken away by a man instead.

"What you both need is a clear and new image!"

"Wait-"

"Y/n-!"

While being dragged away, you couldn't even escape the woman's grip.

"Now. Let's see what we can do. Ladies!"

As that happened, 4 other ladies were summoned.

"Let's start!"

"Woah hold on-"

Not being able to get a word in but immediately starting off with a spa treatment. I mean, you'll admit, it was nice and soothing. Starting off with a new makeup look and finding a dress that you would never admit until now that would make you seem more beautiful than anyone else. A soft bunny like makeup look, a white line - square neck elegant evening gown, flat shoes, and a light blue ribbon.

Stepping out and seeing all the approving faces of the people around you, you felt like this was way too much and finding Law would make you feel more in your comfort zone.

Running around the area, your shoes clicking onto the cobblestones, and Law was not in sight anywhere. Feeling more nervous, especially being alone on an unknown area, maybe it was best to try and find your way back. Before you could, you felt your anxiety slowly creeping up. All the noises in the area, the crowdedness, and not being able to find Law, or your way back, you were basically lost. Clutching onto your necklace, at the brink of tears, feeling someone gently grab your wrist and pull you in. Looking up to seeing Law. The one in shining armor to your rescue. And with a matching outfit as well.

"I've been looking for you, love."

"Well I've been looking for you, Law.."

Hearing him chuckle softly, and pulling away, and slowly taking you to a more quiet scenery. Taking him by the hand and running away before the other people from before could find you, you ended up near a flower field. Only peace and with no one else around except the person you trust your entire life with. The butterflies flying around you, and with a smile on your face, admiring the flowers surrounding you both. As Law watched you walk through the flowers, watching you crouch down onto a beautiful flower. Standing up with the flower in hand, gesturing your hands for Law to come to you.

"Could you close your eyes and bend down a little?"

"Why?" Law asked with suspicion.

"Oh hush don't you trust me?"

Leaving Law baffled with the question, he did as you told him so, and felt the gentle touch of your hands as you gently placed the flower behind his ear.

"You look handsome with that flower." You giggled.

"Don't you think I look handsome everyday?" Law teased.

"Why should I answer that when you know the answer is yes?"

Smiling like a kid, admiring each other's presence.

"I have.. a confession to you Y/n."

"And what would that be captain?"

As Law tried to create eye contact with you, admiring your beauty, it was hard not to stutter, but gathering up every ounce of courage, he did anyways.

"Be my only one, the name I want to call you by. On rainy nights or on lonely days, please color me with your shiny light. I'll do better when you promise me we will stay together."

Hearing those heartfelt words, maybe it would be best to reciprocate your confession to him.

"Law.. before I answer.. listen to my confession as well."

"Of course."

"When I see you, I want to lean on you, I want to have you. A love like this would make even the most immature dream come true. I don't have to hide my feelings anymore. The words I sincerely wanted to say, I say, I love you."

"I love you too, Y/n."