5

It's the next day. We are heading to the coffee shop down the road. Maddie is tired, I can tell but she wants to do this. I'm holding her hand tightly as we walk.
We get to the cafe and sit down. I go and order our coffees then sit back down.
Leah: you feeling okay?
Maddie: yeah babe, I'm okay.

We sit there for an hour or so and talk about everything. I get a notification on my phone from my agent. He's sent me a link to an article.

MADDIE OWEN AND LEAH WILLIAMSON SPOTTED IN ST. ALBANS.

Leah Williamson and girlfriend of 6 years Maddie Owen both spotted in St. Albans after Owens 'incident'.
Maddie Owen, 26 was in a coma for weeks after being shot in her own home. Williamson did not appear in any games for Arsenal throughout September and October, believed to have been by Owens beside.
Today they were both spotted walking through the streets of London hand in hand.

I show Maddie.
Maddie: I thought there was an injunction?
Leah: so did I, come on, let's go home. I'll call everyone to find out what happened.
Maddie: okay
We both walk home, I keep my eyes open for any sign of trouble. Maddie is walking along side me when someone bumps into her.
Leah: you okay babe?
Maddie: ye-yeah, can you just get me home?
I turn to look at the guy so does Maddie. She stands there in shock.
Leah: come on then, let's go, Mads?
Maddie: baby that's him
Leah: what's him?
Maddie: the guy that shot me, that's him.
I look at him, she's remembering what happened infront of me.
Leah: are you sure?
Maddie: I'm positive
I run after him and tackle him to the ground.
Maddie: babe no, just leave him, just take me home.
"Yo what the fuck!"
Leah: you shot my girlfriend!
"Yeah? Prove it"
He smirks. I know it was him by the way he says that.
Leah: you little fucking shit.
Maddie: babe!
I look at her, she's crying on the phone. I stand up and walk over to her.
Leah: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, come on let's go home.
Maddie: I'm going to Beth's.
Leah: what?
Maddie: I asked you to leave it and you didn't.
Leah: babe he shot you! He almost killed you, I can't just leave it.
Maddie: you could have. I got a picture of him. You didn't need to go after him.
Maddie starts walking off.
Leah: babe wait, please.
I see Beth pull up along side her, Maddie gets in the car and they drive off.
Beth texts me saying she's sorry and that she'll tell me everything later.
I sit on the floor leant against a building. I put my head in my hands and sigh loudly.
After a while I head home, Bruno is wondering where Maddie is and I'm heartbroken for him. I fucked up. I text Maddie saying I love her but she doesn't respond. I sit on the sofa crying annoyed with myself.

Maddies POV:
I'm in Beth's car and we are driving to hers.
Beth: so what happened Mads?
Maddie: I was scared, I could hardly breathe and all Leah cared about what hitting that guy.
Beth: she just wants to protect you
Maddie: protecting me is being there for me, not having a fight in the middle of the street.
Beth: yeah she shouldn't have done that.
Maddie: I just wanted a nice couple hours out, then an article came through about me, then he turned up, it all just went wrong.
I start crying thinking about Leah, but right now I need a bit of space, she texted me saying she loves me but I don't respond.

I get the Beth's and a few of the arsenal girls are there.
Steph: Beth we were wondering where you went.
Beth: went to pick up our newest signing.
I walk in and all the girls are smiling.
Steph: hey Maddie, you have no idea how happy we all are that you're okay.
Maddie: onwards and upwards I guess.
Steph: everything okay?
Katie: you don't look so good
Maddie: I'm just tired, it's been a rough day.
Beth: you can go lay down in the spare room if you want?
Maddie: are you sure?
Beth: yeah of course, we will all be right here if you need anything
Maddie: thanks Beth
I walk upstairs and lay down in the spare room for a couple of hours.