11

It's New Year's Eve. Leah and I are getting ready to go to the party we are throwing. I'm getting ready when Leah walks into the room.
This is what she's wearing:

Leah: you almost ready beautiful? I turn around and look at her

I turn around and look at her.
Maddie: wow.
Leah: catching flies babe
Maddie: I can't help it. You look insane.
Leah: thanks baby. I love you.
Maddie: I love you.

I finish getting ready.
This is what I'm wearing:

Leah: you ready no- woahMaddie: now you're catching flies Leah: well my fiancée looks incredible so I can't help it

Maddie: now you're catching flies
Leah: well my fiancée looks incredible so I can't help it.
Maddie: I can't wait to tell everyone
Leah: me too my love.
I wrap my arms around her neck, she puts her hands on my waist. I kiss her, she kisses me back with more passion.
Maddie: baby we are going to be late
Leah: I don't care
Maddie: you can wait.
Leah: you're a tease
Maddie: it's worth it though, come on.

We get in a taxi and head to the venue. All of our friends and family are there. Both sides of the family, teammates and friends from all over.
Leah: ready my love?
Maddie: I'm ready.
She grabs my hand as we walk into the hall together. The place is so beautiful, packed with everyone we know. Drinks are flowing and there is a lot of laughing going on.
Leah: what are you drinking?
Maddie: you have to ask me?
Leah: just checking, I'll be back.
Leah kisses me and walks to the bar, my mum and dad see me. They both hug me.
Louise: darling you look incredible
Maddie: thanks mum
Michael: how are you sweetheart?
Maddie: I'm great, really great.
Michael: that's good sweetheart, Luca is here by the way.
Maddie: he wasn't invited.
Louise: darling, he's your sisters boyfriend.
Maddie: I'm not speaking to him.
Michael: okay.

Leah comes back with my drink, she speaks to my parents for a while before we mingle with everyone else.

It gets to around 11.30pm, Leah and I are ready to tell everyone we are engaged.
Leah: you ready fiancée?
Maddie: for anything, with you.
Leah kisses me softly before getting a microphone.
Leah: attention everyone.
Everyone looks at us both.
Leah: thank you for coming tonight, it means a lot to both of us to have everyone we love in the same room to see in the new year.
Leah puts her arm around my waist to pull me closer to her.
Leah: it's been a rough year for Maddie, injury upon injury, hospital stays, arguments, mental health issues. But I'm so proud of her for getting through it all, she the strongest most loving person I know.
She kisses me quickly.
Leah: as you all know we have been dating for 7 years, she's my soulmate, the love of my life, I wouldn't change her for the world. So after a lot of planning and a lotttt of phone calls. On Christmas Eve I asked my Maddie to marry me. And she said yes.
Everyone cheers and smiles. Our parents hug eachother. Leah kisses me softly.
Leah: I love you
Maddie: I love you more baby
I kiss her again and again before our mums practically pull us apart to hug us both.
Amanda: why did you tell us!
Maddie: because we wanted to tell everyone all at once
Louise: sweetheart, I'm so happy!
Maddie: I love you mum
Louise: I love you too.
My dad walks over with tears in his eyes.
Michael: my baby getting married
He hugs me the tightest he's ever hugged me.
Michael: Leah! Welcome to the family, officially.
Leah: thanks Michael
He hugs Leah too.