☂ Prologue ☂

On the 12th hour, of the first day of October 1989, forty-three women around the world gave birth

On the 12th hour, of the first day of October 1989, forty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves who is a billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

"Extraordinary! How much do you want for it?" Reginald asks the young mother of the child.

The mother looks at her baby Lucia with soft eyes and looks at the man towering over her. She shook her head no, not wanting to let go of her baby into the hands of that man.

"I won't allow you to have my daughter!" she yells in a Spanish accent.

"How about five grand?" He tries convincing the mother.

"No!" She had no hesitation in letting go of the baby at that moment.

"Very well then" he hands her a card with his phone number, "give me a call if you ever change your mind"

When the man walked away, her parents, who were standing behind her, scolded her in Spanish for not taking the money and leaving the baby with him but she didn't care because she felt attached to the baby.

~ Present Time ~

It was storming, and Lucia was walking on the cold wet sidewalk, and clothes were soaked, her shoes were worn out. She looked like a lost puppy or stray cat. Anyone who walks by her keeps their distance. She had nowhere to go but her thoughts and dreams when she went to sleep. That is if she could find a place to sleep during the night.

She had been homeless for the past few days. She had been kicked out of the house by her own mother. The one that was supposed to keep her safe and love her like every other loving mother would to their child. She didn't know exactly why her mom kicked her out. As she was walking, she remembered the argument she had between her and her mom before she was left on the streets.

"You're not normal Lucia, look at you, you're still seventeen and on top of that you were never a normal child to begin with! For god's sake mija (darling), you didn't wake up for thirteen years!"

"What do you mean, "never normal" and how was I supposed to know that I was going to became sleeping beauty for thirteen years"

Her mother sighed, "I-I can't tell you; I don't think you're ready to know, but it might have to do with the reason you didn't wake up..."

"Well I'm pretty sure I can know now, what is it mama? What haven't you been telling me?"

"I can have this conversation right now with you Hija (darling)"

"Why not! What are you so afraid of?!"

"YOU, I'M AFRAID OF YOU!"

Lucia stood there shocked and hurt not knowing what to say. Her mom was going to leave the room but then she stopped in her tracks with her back facing Lucia. "I-I can't keep you here anymore, I need you to leave and go somewhere else...to live"

Lucia stood there in the middle of the living room feeling all sorts of emotions at once. "FINE I'LL GO! YOU WERE NEVER A GOOD MOTHER EITHER WAY!"

Lucia shook her head at the memory. 'Maybe I was too harsh saying that' She thought.

She came to a stop at this donut shop, one that she had been going to since she was kicked out of her home. The elderly lady that works there has been so nice and caring to her. She would give Lucia any of those donuts that are left before throwing them out and some milk. She would come by during the night to avoid attention since there would be rarely customers during that time. When she opened the door to the donut shop, she was welcomed by a warm smile.

"Well hello Lucia, I was worried that you didn't come by yesterday, I thought something had happened to you"

Lucia felt surprised because she always believed that no one would ever care about her but now she knows that's not true. "I felt tired yesterday, I fell asleep" That was a lie.

"What about that bruise under your eye and by your check?"

Lucia didn't say anything and went to sit down by the counter. "Three kids, my age, ganged up on me yesterday. I was weak and hopeless; I couldn't fight for shit."

Agnes cleared her throat and gave me a stern look. She dislikes it when Lucia swears because she believes it brings bad energy.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay, just don't say those words again but for now I'll bring a cream for you eye so be right back"

When Agnes left to go to the back, the entrance door opened, and the bells chimed. It was a man maybe about forty years old and sat at the far end of the front counter. Lucia was sitting on the other side of the far end of the front counter. Then the doors opened, and bells chimed again. This time it was a boy that was probably around her age, well not exactly because Lucia has been seventeen since 2006. She should have been maybe twenty-nine or thirty by now. She couldn't understand why she stopped aging or growing

Agnes came back and handed her the cream, "Just apply under your eye, I'll get your donut and milk after I get the other customers" As she was leaving, Lucia grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Can I get Hot chocolate this time, I want sometime warm" "Oh, yes of course" Lucia then nodded in response and did what she was told.

"Can I get the kid a glass of milk or something?" Lucia heard Agnes ask, she assumes she asked the man, but Lucia wasn't looking in their direction, so she wasn't sure. "The kid wants coffee. Black." She then hears the boy respond. "Cute kid." Agnes says and chuckles awkwardly.

Agnes soon came back and placed a jelly donut and hot chocolate next to Lucia. "I'll be back, I'm going to the back to get some change", and she left.

The man soon leaves the donut shop and all that was left was a boy with a school uniform on and a girl with no place to stay. Silence absorbed the donut shop until a group of men with black suits came inside. Lucia turned to look and saw that one of them was pointing a gun at the boy.