☂ Chapter 6 ☂

Failed Mission

Failed Mission

Lucia slowly flutters open her eyes and stares at the ceiling of the van. She sat up and her back ached a bit but she was used to it. She had fallen asleep on the floor of the back of the van. Five was already sitting at the driver's seat with Dolores next to him. Lucia sighs, 'Another day of investigation...how did I get myself in this mess.'

"Oh? Sleeping beauty has awakened. I bought you coffee, is that okay?" Five handed over the coffee to her and she took it. "Thanks." She took a few sips before she took the energy to jump over to the passenger seat. "So how was your sleep?" She asked him.

"I actually couldn't sleep...kinda was up all night. Then the coffee shop next to us opened up around eight so I went and got us coffee. How was your sleep?"

"It was alright, although I didn't realize it when I fell asleep."

"Well what's it matter, you got to sleep. Finish your coffee or I will. We got business to take care of." He told her with a bit of an attitude.

"Dang, watch your attitude or I'll throw this coffee at you." Five rolled his eyes and looked away while Lucia continued drinking her coffee.

Grant was getting inside the car with his dog when out of nowhere two teenagers appeared inside. The boy was in the passenger seat and the girl was in the back petting the cute little dog. Five pulled a knife out on Grant and pressed it against his neck, saying in a treating voice, "One chance. That's all you've got. ONE chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I-I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market." He explains in a shaky voice.

"Including eyeballs, Lance?" Lucia asks in the back with the dog on her lap and pets it.

"What she asked."

"Y-Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I-I've got a list, a waiting list, probably twenty buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you-"

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off the books."

"I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!"

"I don't have it. I mean not on me. The only copy's I have are in my safe at the lab."

"Then drive and take us there, we don't have all day." Lucia says.

"O-Okay..." Grant starts the engine on the car and starts to head to their destination.

Meanwhile Diego and Luther are outside the plumping van that Five and Lucia were previously in. They were trying to open the door but it was locked.

"Shit!" Luther yells.