☂ Chapter 5 ☂

Playing Detective

Playing Detective

After the encounter with Klaus, Five and Lucia continued to walk down the alley. They soon stopped at a corner and they peaked around, spotting a plumbing van. Five turned to Lucia and whispered to her, "Here's the plan, we sneak into that van while they're occupied and drive off...good?"

"So we're stealing? Sure let me add that on my record when we get back."

"Yes and I'm being serious here!"

"Well I am too." She then sees the last guy get out of the van and walks through an open door of the building. "Look! There's our que."

They both sneakily ran to the van. Five and Lucia but head to the driver's seat and stopped to look at each other. "I drive!" They said at the same time. "Have you ever driven a car?!" Five questions.

"Can't be that hard."

"Get to the passenger side or you'll get us killed with your driving techniques!"

Lucia rolled her eyes but did as she was told. When they were in the van Five chuckled. "Dumbass."

"What?"

"They left the keys here. This will be easy."

When Five started the engine and made a sound, they heard a man call out to them but Five quickly drove off. Lucia rolled down the window and flipped him off.

"You know how to drive though, right?" She said after she sat back.

Without looking and focusing on the road he responded, "Of course I do, You don't ever have to worry."

For a moment there was this comfortable silence between them and Lucia decided to break it. "If...when this is all over and we save the world, mind teaching me how to drive?" Five felt like smiling but he kept himself together. "Sure, I don't mind teaching you. Just promise not to kill us, alight?" Lucia laughs, "Can't promise that."

Five slowly stopped on the side of the road, parking the van, where he wouldn't look suspicious. "We are going to sit here and wait." He said after turning off the engine. "Shit, is that Lance over there?" Lucia points at a man holding coffee, across the street.

"Yes, and he looks suspicious." They saw that he was looking both ways before quickly entering the building. "This is, in fact, where the eye will be made so we'll just have to wait."

"Okay, then I guess-" Lucia arranges her car seat back, "-I'll be taking a power nap." She then giggled, "Power nap. Get it? Because I have an energy ability."

"Okay, you hang out way too much with Klaus."

"I rarely get to because I'm busy hanging out with you. Consider yourself lucky Five." She then slowly fell asleep and Five sighs leaning back in his seat. He then sees a couple of kids playing with a soccer ball and the wave of mixed emotions overcome him. Meanwhile Lucia was in a slight nightmare.