☂ Chapter 1 ☂

The strange boy

The strange boy

As Lucia sat there in silence, still not noticed by the others, she was afraid of what would happen if she did speak up, so she only watched and listened instead. As for the boy, he kept his focus in front of him with his back facing the men with black suits. Then the boy spoke, "Hmm, that was fast. I thought I'd have more time before they found me."

"Okay, so let's all be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They want to talk." The man closest to the boy said.

"I've got nothing to say"

"It doesn't have to go this way. You think I want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?" Lucia could see that the man didn't want to harm the boy.

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that." The boy says and finally turns to face them. "You won't be going home."

'What the hell does he mean by that?!' Lucia thought, starting to feel nervous as this whole situation got her on the edge of her seat. All this poor homeless girl wanted was a taste of that donut and hot chocolate that was sitting on the counter next to her.

Lucia then sees the boy grab the butter knife that was next to him and disappears out of sight and reappears behind the man and stabs him on the neck with the knife and disappears again. As gunshots go off, she jumps over the counter and hides behind it, covering her ears from the loud gunshots. "Hey, assholes!" She heard the boy yell from above the counter before he disappeared again. Then more gunshots were heard, heading in her direction so she made a run for it to the other side of the counter.

Soon the gunshots were over, and she heard nothing, so she slowly got up but when she saw the boy, she quickly ducked but to her bad luck she accidentally dropped a plate in the process causing it to make a shattered noise. "Shit!" She cursed under her breath.

The boy looked to the direction of where he heard the noise and slowly grabbed another knife and spatial jumped behind the counter and pressed the knife against the person's neck only to realize it was just a frightened girl that looked about his age, although he is much older than he looks.

"Sorry, I thought you were one of them" He held out a hand to help her stand up and she hesitantly accepted it. "How long have you been here?"

"...Since the beginning of that whole commotion, what the fuck was that?!" She feels tired but angry because she didn't get to eat. She blames him for her now having an empty stomach.

"Damn, calm down, let me do something quick and get out of here before the cops come."

"Not until you answer my question"

He didn't respond. He sat down on the stool and laid his arm out on the counter, grabbed the knife and cut deep into his arm.

Lucia sees this and makes a disgusted look while holding one of her arms as if she could feel the pain.