Chapter 11: Tourney

Me, Evie, and Mal had all walked out onto the stands and sat down. We all had no clue what tourney was but we decided to 'learn'. Basically just watch for fun. "JAY, BEN OFFENSE. CHAD, YOUR DEFENSE. TAYLOR, YOUR THE SHOOTER." The coach yelled at the men. They all got in position ready to play. "Right coach" a random man shouted I assumed he was Taylor.

Carlos of course had no clue what was going on. He was in the middle of the field about to be trampled. "HEY, HEY! HEY, YOU! LOST BOY!" The coach yelled at Carlos. "PUT YOUR HELMET ON GET OUT OF THE KILL ZONE!" I swear Carlos turned fifty shades lighter. He literally became a ghost. "Kill zone? Wha-" he started still struggling. "Pick it up! Use two hands!" The coach directed. Once he was off the field the coach blew his whistle.

I was trying really hard to understand what was going on. There was a ball and people had this weird paddle they kept passing the ball around. Jay looked to be really good at it he had tackled so many people and by pure luck still had the ball. Carlos on the other hand, well let's just say the sport doesn't suit him. "AHHH!" Carlos screamed as Jay ran towards him. "Jay! It's me! Its Carlos! Wait-stop, Jay! STOP!" Jay did not stop he jumped on Carlos' shield and threw the ball into the net.

Evie started clapping so I joined in. Jay did a little victory dance shouting things like 'woo hoo' or 'I win suckers'. "YOU GET OVER HERE!" The coach yelled to Jay. He ran over passing Chad who had a look of disgust on his face.

Jay's POV:

"What do you call that?" The coach asked me. I thought for sure I would be getting praised instead I was gonna get scolded just like with my dad. "I call that raw talent" he said patting me on the back. "Come find me later, I'll show you something you haven't seen before. Its called a rule book. Welcome to the team son." He looked over at Carlos who was struggling. "You ever thought about band" Carlos gave him a fake laugh I felt bad for him. Here i had just made the team and he was getting pushed around. He's always living in my shadow. Well for the most part not when it comes to girls. Hell he's liked the same girl for years and I bet she's liked him for years as well. Me? Well I don't like Evie or Mal or Y/n they are my 'sisters' and girls only like me because I'm athletic, evil, and hot well at least I think. I looked around and saw Y/n emerge from the stands and walk over to Carlos comforting him. Seeing that made me realize just how lonely I was.

Y/n's POV:

I went down and gave Carlos a few words of encouragement before heading off with Mal and Evie. I could hear Ben saying to the coach that he would help him. That made me feel better.

Me and Mal walked to our lockers which were conveniently next to eachother. Evie had wandered off probably to go swoon over a prince. I had my locker up reader a part of my book when I heard a nasty ear-splitting voice. Mal must have heard it to because her face morphed into one of disgust as she was messing with her school books. "Those kids are trouble" Chad said from behind us. I turned around and saw him talking to Ben. They were a good distance away so they didn't see us. "Come on Chad, give them a chance" Ben pleaded. "No offense Bennybear, but your just too trusting" Audrey said clinging onto his arm for dear life.

"Look, I know your mom fell in love with a big nast beast who turned out to be a prince. But with my mom the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. And don't even get me started on the sea witch. Melody is still traumatized and she wasn't even there. They were the moms of them" she said pointing to us. I turned around and so did Mal. "I think you're wrong about them. I'll see you later" he said to her starting to walk towards us.

"Hey!" He said once he reached us. I shut my locker with my book in my hand. "Hey." Mal said blandly. I just nodded at him as a sign that I was listening. "How was your first day?" He asked us but I kind of felt he was directing it at Mal. "Super" she said sarcastically. He started staring at her so I decided to reply. "The classes were boring and Carl-" I started, but then got rudely interrupted. "You should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class" here i thought princes were supposed to have manners. I was now standing to the side of them but like in the middle of them.

"I could, uh, sign you up. What do you think?" He asked staring into her emerald eyes. I literally wanted to throw up. Thats when I saw Jane she walked passed us and squeaked again. This got Mals attention away and I gave her the 'we gotta go look.' "Way to take all the fun out of it" she said smiling. I grabbed her hand and dragged her away before they looked to deep into eachothers eyes again.

We went into the bathroom we saw Jane enter. "Hi! It's Jane right?" Mal asked as we entered. She turned around and I swear she almost died. "Ah, always loved that name. Jane" I said keeping up the 'interrogating'. "That's cool" Jane said trying to walk out of the bathroom. "Don't go!" Mal said urgently scaring her. "We guess we were just kind of hoping to make a friend" I said looking down while playing the innocent card.

"You probably have all the friend you need though, huh?" Mal said looking up at her innocently. "Hardly" she said releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Really? I mean with your mom being fairy godmother and headmistress? I mean not to mention your own um, . . . Personality" I said trying hard not to break character.

"I'd rather be pretty you two have great hair!" She said admiringly. "You know what I have just the thing for that!" Mal said flipping through her spell book. "Ah! Here. Beware forswear, replace the old with brand new hair" she chanted moving her finger making janes head move. The next second yoy wouldn't even know she had bad hair before. "You almost don't notice your other features anymore" I said still looking at the othe rporblem areas.

"Do my nose!" She asked Mal eagerly tapping the book. "Oh, I can't, I've been practicing, but you know I can't do really big magic" Mal said lying through her teeth. "Not like your mom with her magic wand. I mean one swoosh from that thing, and you could probably have all the features you wanted." She said smiling down at her.

"She doesn't use the wand anymore. She says that real magic comes from the books. And not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff" she said looking down irritated. "What a rip" I said in my most dumbfounded voice ever. "Yeah" she said sadly. "You know, she used magic on Cinderella who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?" Damn good one Mal. "Well of course, she does. Its-its just tough love, you know? Work on the inside, not the outside. That sort of thing" she said looking down pouting her lips.

"THATS THE FACE!" I said a little to loudly as she jumped. "Yeah, and then look as if your-your heart is about to break. 'Oh, mother, I just don't understand, why you can't make me beautiful, too'." I said in my best high pitch girl voice. "Think it would work?" She asked excitedly. "Yeah" Mal said as I nodded. "I mean that's what old Cindy did, right?" Mal asked her sternly getting the point across. "And your mother bibbidi bobbidi-booed the living daylights out of her" I added.

"And, hey, if your mom does decided to break out the old wand, invite me!" Mal said happily. "If I can convince mom your so there" she said happily. "Yay!" I said. "Bye" Jane said walking off. "Bye." Mal replied. She put her hand up and I gave her a hig five we smiled at eachother as we left the bathroom walking to our next classes.