33. take it slow.

♡₊˚ 🦢 ・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEnarrative!

♡₊˚ 🦢 ・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
narrative!

"we need to talk."

"yep, we really do. so... apples or oranges?" she awkwardly laughed, trying to avoid the matter at hand, but vinnie wasn't having it.

"olive, i'm being serious." he sighed once again.

"i know. i'm just anxious." she admitted, rocking on the heels of her feet. vinnie's eyes softened.

"come here." he sat down on the bed and patted the space next to him. without hesitation, she sat down right next to him, only leaving a small amount of space in between them.

"are you drunk?" he asked, making sure they're about to have this conversation when they're both in the right state of mind.

"slightly tipsy, but i'm conscious of my words. you?" olive said, fiddling with her rings.

"i'm the same." he agreed.

"okay, where should we start?"

"did you read the card i gave you?" she nodded at him, "then let's start there. um, like i said, i'm sorry. so truly sorry olive." he said sincerely. olive knew his words were genuine, but she needed to get some stuff off of her chest.

"you really hurt me, vinnie. we could've talked through everything way sooner. that day was awful."

"and i wish i could take back everything i said that day. you didn't deserve any of the bullshit i said, and i'm sorry i took anger out on you when you didn't deserve it." he grasped her hands that were in her lap and squeezed them lightly, hoping to convey how truly sorry he was.

"i just hope you know i would never cheat on you, let alone with that crazy dick head," she said calmly but sharply to get her words across. she continued with a sigh, "i know you were jealous earlier today."

his eyes widened, "when?"

he knew exactly when.

olive tilted her head at the boy knowingly, "when ezra hugged me," vinnie nodded, as if asking her to elaborate. "he just came out to his parents. i was congratulating him."

vinnie's eyes widened once again, "so ezra is-"

"yes, he's gay." olive nodded.

"so this whole time i've-"

"-been jealous for nothing. yes, vinnie."

"fuck." he whispered. he nodded, "i should've trusted you—with everything. i can't take back anything that i did, but i can try my fucking hardest to make it up to you. you deserve the best, olive." he brought her hands up to his mouth and kissed the backsides gently, an act of affection that he missed sharing with the girl.