I Destroy a Bus Keanu Reeves Style

Theo's POV

I didn't have much to pack anyway. I decided to leave the Odontyrannos horn and the arrow on my bedside table in cabin 8. I ended up packing an extra few sets of clothes and a toothbrush in a black backpack a camper named Selina Beauregard gave me.

It would've takes us a few hours to fly from New York to Los Angeles, but that's not an option. A train would be the next best thing, but it would take 2 to 3 days to take us to LA, and another 2 to 3 day to get back to New York. So, assuming we only get held up once or twice for no more than a few hours at a time, we should be able to retrieve the master bolt and bring it back to Olympus in about 7 days, max.

When it comes to money, I didn't have any. So I went to the camp store, and they lent me $100 and 20 golden drachmas, which are basically coins the size of Girl Scout cookies. The drachmas were for non-mortal transactions, according to Chiron.

He gave Annabeth, Percy, and me each a canteen of nectar and a Ziplock bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if we were seriously hurt. They were god food, so it was good for us in small amounts (an overdose would literally burn us up), but lethal to mortals.

As for weapons and equipment, I decided to take Eric's sword with me and put on my Adidas sneakers. A feature I discovered about the sword accidentally was that it can turn itself into a small bronze flashlight. All I had to do was press the button on the side and it shifts back into a sword.

I still needed to go to Beckendorf to get my--

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Theo: Who is it?

???: It's me.

Well, that'll make things easier.

I went to the front door and opened it, seeing Beckendorf and a girl with ginger hair dyed with a shock of bright green standing on the porch. Beckendork was holding a box, while the girl was holding something, but I couldn't see what it was because she was standing behind Beckendorf, who was much larger than her.

Theo: (smiles) Hey, Beck.

Beckendorf: (smiles) Hey, Theo. How are you holding up?

Theo: Nervous. I've only been here for a week, and I'm already going on a quest.

I chuckled nervously, which caused Beckendorf and the girl to chuckle as well.

Theo: (to the girl) And you are?

Kayla: I'm...I'm Kayla Knowles, from cabin 7.

I'm Kayla Knowles, from cabin 7

Played by: Sophia Lillis

Theo: Apollo, right?

Kayla: (smiles) Right.